Master Pro Tech oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all, I'm new to BITOG and looking forward to all things good.
Does anyone have any info/comments about Master Pro Tech synthetic oils? They are distributed by Keltner Distribution. http://www.keltnerdistribution.com/msds/Master MSDS/oilandlubricants/Master Motor Oil/520S.pdf
Our wholesale/retail store recently started doing business with Keltner and I'm interested in the Master synthetics. The price is right, but I'd like to know more about the product.
From the MSDS it seems to be a basic dino derived item w/zinc package, but I only know enough about oil to be dangerous. Any help will be appreciated.

The MSDS sounds more like a Grp III (hydrocracked) synthetic oil, probably similar to a lower end synthetic such as Super Tech, or other house brand synthetics. If their 5W30 is rated/licensed Dexos 1 by GM, it can't be that bad. Sounds very similar to O'Reilly Auto Parts house brand oil.

How much is this right price you write of?
There are plenty of sales in this neck of the woods that make store brand syn less than three dollars a quart with no MIR required.
Around here, Rural King and Meijer have frequent deals where you can get down to as low as twelve bucks for a jug of store brand synthetic.

The OP appears to be a one-time drive-by poster. I doubt he'll see your response in this over four year old resurrected thread.

Originally Posted by kschachn
The OP appears to be a one-time drive-by poster. I doubt he'll see your response in this resurrected thread.

I know that we are all awaiting the OP's glorious and triumphant return...

50.gif

...in the meantime might anyone else chime in?

Last edited:
Or on the other hand, it does appear on the API EOLCS listing, so it meets SN or whatever is listed for each grade. In that regard it is acceptable for use in those vehicles which require an API listed oil. If you can find a similar API listed oil for less then take that one instead.

Beyond that anything else is unsupported opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back