Mobil Super Syn 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used it myself, but for a 5K OCI any synthetic is more than good enough. Unless you drive down a long dusty back road to a job doing deliveries and idling all day in 110 degree heat, then tow a camper up a steep mountain each weekend, maybe.

Brace for folks telling you your OCI is too short, barring conditions described above. They are right for the vast majority of vehicles, I reckon. There are always exceptions. I also do short-for-syn drains---the current fill of M1 EP will be the first to go well over 5K if all goes well---but I drive a 15-year-old Saturn S....

As for the difference with M1: http://is.gd/697JmU

Price point...

It is a good oil. I haven't seen it at WalMart but sometimes is on sale at autopart stores at a very competitive price.

Use it without worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
What's the main difference between this and Mobil 1? For a 4K-5k oci its seems like good oil. Thoughts?

Maybe only group III base oil instead of Mobil 1 being a mix of III & IV
21.gif
If it's cheaper than Mobil 1 and you're doing 5,000 mile OCI's it should be more than sufficient and save you money.

Whimsey

Not sure. Maybe not as much addpack? Slightly cheaper base oil?

I see it comes in 0w20 as well Perhaps it's just the Mobil 1 that didn't pass the qa test for mobil 1 but good enough for the Mobil bottle

Using it in my accent right now. No complaints. Probably not gonna but it again unless it's on sale again for $2-3 a quart like when I bought it. There's plenty out there better or just as good for cheaper.

4k-5k OCI? Probably nothing. M1 might have something better like better cold flow, but as far as ability to protect over such a short OCI, I doubt M1 is going to protect any better than Mobil Super Syn.

I was going to use it in 0w20 in my dart next oci since m1 doesn't have the ms6395 spec to the best of my knowledge.iv read on here that it's a great oil in 0w20 so I couldn't see why it wouldn't be a good choice in 5w20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back