01 Tahoe fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Just watched this video.....

fuel filter

Was going to do it this morning. It would be nice if all vehicles were this clean underneath. It would also be nice if my filter was anywhere near where the truck's was. Midwest salt at it's finest, I guess.

My filter is further up the frame, and sits on a 45 degree angle. The top bolt is surrounded by vacuum lines - I have no idea how to even get a wrench or socket/extension up in that area. I spent close to 20 minutes trying to figure this out.

Not to mention, the outgoing line is frozen like a pig (incoming is fine). I sprayed it down with Aerokroil, and will let my mechanic deal with it. Sucks, as it should be a very easy job...

I wish these guys would come up here to the NE and do these jobs. LOL
These things are so rotten, you have to change fuel lines sometimes.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I wish these guys would come up here to the NE and do these jobs. LOL
These things are so rotten, you have to change fuel lines sometimes.

Aaargh, that rust thing is so nasty, I really am glad we just don't have that here...

The way I deal with this in the rust belt is to apply Krown to it at least once a year, if not more frequently, and also turn the fastener annually to ensure it does not seize in place, if it is an important fastener.

Grease is good for about a year in the rust belt and by then it is saturated with salt and moisture and dirt and actually promotes corrosion for then onwards. If using grease be prepared to wipe off every bit of it yearly and then reapply fresh grease.

Originally Posted By: George7941
The way I deal with this in the rust belt is to apply Krown to it at least once a year, if not more frequently, and also turn the fastener annually to ensure it does not seize in place, if it is an important fastener.

Kind of tough to do when you don't own the cars just service them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back