Poulan Synthetic 2 cycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 different bottles (3.2 oz.) of Poulan 2-cycle oil. One of which is synthetic in a grey/silver bottle. Will it hurt my old Poulan chain saw ? I also have an old Lawnboy push mower that I might use it in. And can anyone tell me what the difference between the other two bottles are ? Both are black bottles one has a red cap and I think the other one is blue. Both say "smokeless" and one has a 689 on it. THX.

Lawn-Boy two-strokes call for an ashless oil. LB recommended TCW3 outboard oil if you didn't use their own oil. I bought a new LB 2-stroke and still use it 13 years later. I have used Supertech outboard oil in it for years without issue. Save the existing oil for your chainsaw and buy the proper oil for your LB.

Last edited:
I have a couple gallons of Supertech outboard TCW-3.

Will that work in my Stihl equipment?
Just realized that I'm out of 2cycle oil otherwise.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
I have a couple gallons of Supertech outboard TCW-3.

Will that work in my Stihl equipment?
Just realized that I'm out of 2cycle oil otherwise.

Air cooled motor needs API TC rating. The TCW3 is for liquid cooled motors running up to abt 4K RPM. If only very light cutting then the TCW3 will protect fine but any actual wood cutting and you're gonna have heat.

In years past i've used the Poulan Pro Synthetic 2-stroke in OPE, and it's a very good oil. Mix at the recommended dosages (I actually run a bit more oil, like 40:1 if the OPE calls for 50:1), but that's just me.

Use it and don't worry about it. Not sure about the other 2 bottles though, probably just a standard 2-stroke oil.

However, the Synthetic I would not hesitate to use.

Originally Posted By: Plum
Thanks for the useful information ! Now, a stupid question - what's OPE ? Outdoor Power Equipment ?

Yes Sir, should've clarified that. Sorry.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back