post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2004 Audi allroad, ZF 5 speed, 90,400 miles

Dropped pan, replaced filter (Elring Klinger), added 6 quarts Pentosin ATF1.

Last edited:
2006 Saturn Relay 3 w/3.5L and 4T65E-AWD (135K)

Dropped pan, new filter, refill with Dex VI

Did the first drain/fill in the Hyundai Santa Fe. Used Valvoline Maxlife Full Syn ATF. It says right on the bottle certified for Hyundai/Kia SP-IV. I will repeat at the next two oil changes.

Last edited:
Citröen C5 2.0 16V gasoline, AL4 automatic 4 speed transmission, FF 2001, with 110k miles, went out Mobil LT71141 and in Pentosin ATF1. Came out still good the original 14 years old fluid.

Wife's '97 Camry 2.2L -- Automatic Drain & Fill -- with 226,000 Miles!

OUT: Amsoil ATF

IN
: Amsoil ATF

Shifts fantastic!!
thumbsup2.gif

2012 Acura TL 6MT 42,200 miles

OUT: Honda MT Gear Oil

IN: Honda Manual transmission gear oil

big improvement in shifting quality despite the fact the old oil had only 17k miles

After just a little over ten thousand miles, drained the old Valvoline out and put in five quarts of Royal Purple along with Lubegard Red. Changed the Magnefine filter as well.
Shifts great now.

changed and fluid with the Lucas trans fix lube, while changing my trans cooler. The Lucas fluid seems to be working great. It's a little thicker than normal aft, but it stopped a minor leak I had behind the main seal, and it really smoothed out the shift between 1st and 2nd gear... Don't plan to keep it for long. Will be going back to my redline MTL, when I have some time to change the filter too. But the Lucas trans fix was a quick fix and pleasant surprise so far...., picked up couple bottles from HD for less than $20

2012 Acura TL Sh-AWD tech package with 6MT

out Honda MT gear oil

In
Honda MT gear oil

much smoother 1st to second shift

1967 VW Beetle

Prob not many miles but maybe a couple of years on the oil; it was the initial fill of this transaxle when it was new. Mostly changed it just 'cause I wanted to play with my transfer pump.

Out: Lucas 80w90

In: AAP store brand 75w90

The barely audible whine in 4th gear seems to have gone away. We'll see if it comes back or not.

2007 Mazdaspeed 3- 153,488 miles

Out: Motorcraft XT-M5-QS- 30,271 miles

In: Motorcraft XT-M5-QS

2000 Toyota Rav4 2.0L

Trans: Penrite ATF MHP (Multivehicle T-IV)
Transfer case: Penrite Gear Oil 80w90
Rear diff: Penrite Gear Oil 80w90

That should see out the drive train in this.

2007 Infiniti G35x 64684 miles

Drain and fill a little over 4 quarts of Nissan Matic-S.

Old fluid came out pretty clean (maybe a bit darker than new). Last D&F was approx 18.2k miles ago.

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with 6 speed manual transmission.

Mileage: 26,661.1 miles

Out: Factory fill

In: Honda Genuine Manual Transmission Fluid

Notes: Carefully measured the capacity of the transmission with a kitchen measuring bowl. I will admit to spilling an ounce or so. The transmission takes about 2 quarts and 4 ounces, or at the published capacity of 2.2 quarts. Both the factory fill and the new Honda MTF had the characteristic nasty sulfur smell of gear oil.

One more note and a warning: Based on forum accounts from driveaccord.net, Honda really torqued the top fluid fill bolt down on their six speed manual. I can now attest to this personally as well. To loosen this fill bolt, you will need to put together at least 18 inches of 3/8 inch square drive socket extenders to position between the battery and air filter box. You will then need at least 150 foot-pounds of torque to just begin to crack open this bolt. At first when I finally loosened the bolt, I thought I had broken my socket ratchet.

2011 Buick Enclave 70k miles.
Out: OEM Dex VI
In: Castrol Transmax Dex VI

Got about 5 qts out and 5 back in. Will repeat in a couple weeks. Fluid was fairly dark.

Back