new sonata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I have had my 2015 sonata since January and it seems like a great car much better than the 2010.went to Tennessee for three weeks I set the cruise between 65 and some places 75 mph got between 38 and 40 miles per gallon ride was very smooth drove 600 miles the first day and the other 500 the next day.the 2.4 has beenimproved over the older one.i may trade my 2009 santafe if I can get a v6 I just don't think a 4cyl has enough power for an awd.you can't go wrong for the price.

I saw one the parking lot at my work yesterday. Nice looking car. I drove an older Sonata rental in Vegas a couple weeks ago. It was nice except it had 37k miles and sounded like it needed a wheel bearing

While my 2014 was in for maintenance, they gave me 2015 courtesy loaner Sonata 2.4 Limited. It is much improved over mine, and i have no complaints about mine. The 2015 just felt more premium and upmarket. The engine has been quieted as well. Enjoy it.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I saw one the parking lot at my work yesterday. Nice looking car. I drove an older Sonata rental in Vegas a couple weeks ago. It was nice except it had 37k miles and sounded like it needed a wheel bearing

My 1994 LS400 with more than 370k miles has original wheel bearing, so does the 2000 E430 with 170k miles. Replacing wheel bearing at less than 100k miles is not so good.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

My 1994 LS400 with more than 370k miles has original wheel bearing, so does the 2000 E430 with 170k miles. Replacing wheel bearing at less than 100k miles is not so good.

Were either of your cars ever rental cars? Have either of your cars have hundreds of drivers, many who didn't care a flip about the car at all? Ever hopped any curbs or jumped any railroad crossings with either of your cars?

Oh yes, and we'll compare a luxury Japanese car and a Luxury German car to a car from a South Korean manufacturer that likely cost around $20k.

And it *sounded* like it needed a wheel bearing. Who knows if it really did or not.

Good Lord, I need some sleep worse than I need this. Good night.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Were either of your cars ever rental cars? Have either of your cars have hundreds of drivers, many who didn't care a flip about the car at all? Ever hopped any curbs or jumped any railroad crossings with either of your cars?

Oh yes, and we'll compare a luxury Japanese car and a Luxury German car to a car from a South Korean manufacturer that likely cost around $20k.

And it *sounded* like it needed a wheel bearing. Who knows if it really did or not.

Good Lord, I need some sleep worse than I need this. Good night.

Yea go to bed because we could have done without that rant. Hope Friday is a better day for you.

Hyundai is not known for quiet engines my 2011 santa fe 3.5 sounds like an old diesel when started cold but it has loads of power and runs great... Hyundai makes a very long lasting vehicle and great engines.

Wheel alignments are almost always off in rental cars which in turn wear the tires funny and can sound like a wheel bearing.

Originally Posted By: CKN

Wheel alignments are almost always off in rental cars which in turn wear the tires funny and can sound like a wheel bearing. Since your a Lexus owner you might want to rent higher up the food chain......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN

Wheel alignments are almost always off in rental cars which in turn wear the tires funny and can sound like a wheel bearing.

That plus not rotating the tires. I have had rental cars with all season tires that are cupped so bad they sounded like snow tires.

Bought one a few months ago and like it very much except for the stock loud and rough riding Kumho Solus TA31.Sold the Kumho's and went with a set of PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS.

Tje Sonata has great discounting and great bang for the buck.
Though the 5/60 warranty is a bit shady.
For example a AC recharge if necessary isn't covered.Another thing is the sound system is covered for 3 years.

Originally Posted By: Colt
Bought one a few months ago and like it very much except for the stock loud and rough riding Kumho Solus TA31.Sold the Kumho's and went with a set of PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS.

The Sonata has great discounting and great bang for the buck.
Though the 5/60 warranty is a bit shady.
For example a AC recharge if necessary isn't covered.Another thing is the sound system is covered for 3 years.

The AC recharge if necessary isn't covered after 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back