Toyota All-Terrain Minivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neato. Though only fwd, I can get AT tires for the odyssey, so maybe we will!

I like the Toyota concept, sort of like those quigley 4x4 vans.

Originally Posted By: horse123
LOL! That is BY FAR the stupidest thing I've ever seen!

Nah, a lot of pickups these days (most of them) look either just as comically stupid or more so. At least there isn't a ridiculously sized grille and fake air intakes.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Even uglier than the version that they sell... if that's possible.

Styling is all a matter of taste, but I think the Sienna is an attractive looking van.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Nah, a lot of pickups these days (most of them) look either just as comically stupid or more so. At least there isn't a ridiculously sized grille and fake air intakes.

I love how people keep saying things like this despite the fact that the grilles on all of these newer pickups are actually smaller than the heat exchangers behind the grilles.

With Oz' access to gray imports from Japan, we arw getting some surprisingly well equipped vehicles...not sure why they are popular Japanese market, but they get around here alright (video isn't here)

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Neato. Though only fwd, I can get AT tires for the odyssey, so maybe we will!

I like the Toyota concept, sort of like those quigley 4x4 vans.

You'll need snows for it if you want it to be decent in winter driving. Our 2008 Odyssey LX was terrible in the snow fitted with the OEM Bridgestone Turanzas and all-seasons I tried on it. IMO, it's more the profile of the tire on these vans that makes all seasons no good in the snow. With a set of snows it was remarkably better. I bought a used set of Blizzak WS4s and used them for several winters before trading-in the van and again selling the WS4s on CL. LOL.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: kschachn

I love how people keep saying things like this despite the fact that the grilles on all of these newer pickups are actually smaller than the heat exchangers behind the grilles.

So you need all that 90-degree frontal area for proper cooling?

OK, I'll retract it. How about "ridiculously sized exhaust finishers, mirrors and fake air intakes" then?

Valid points, indeed.

Where the grilles are concerned, what other way is there to do it? I have 4 massive heat exchangers behind my grille. They need to catch as much air as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back