New Amsoil labeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rrounds
Even my Honda VT1100-T is made in the USA, is it still a metric?

ROD

Does it have metric or imperial wrenches/is the engine size measured in cc's.

Ya it's metric.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Some people refer to their Japanese cruisers as Metric Cruisers to differentiate them from a Harley. So the labeling makes perfect sense to those that might purchase it.

Agree, I have to admit to us, it does seem kind of almost childish, a respected company like Amsoil labeling an oil "Metric Cruisers" but who knows where they may go with this.

There are many out there uncomfortable with changing their own oil, never mind what brand to choose, so can only assume Amsoil going after that market.

More or less Im kind of dumbfounded but I am sure there must be a reason and they must have known, people who know oil would make fun of them. *L*

I could see a market for a Wet Clutch/transmission motor oil that would include most metrics and Indian/Victory which is why I think the word metric seems silly, why not wet clutch/transmission oil since American brands have one as well, and a not for wet clutch/transmission oil for HD some BMWs I think and whatever other brands.
Maybe that is where they might end up going with this?

There is a following and great UOAs for Valvoline Racing motor oil in Harleys which if I remember correctly states someplace do not use in motorcycles because the clutch.

Oops, answered my own question, they use metric to avoid confusion, all the bikes mentioned are wet clutch, proper word would be shared sump instead of metric, as HD/BMWs(?) dont have a shared sump but BMW is metric ... hmmmm ... and what about Triumph? (I dont know)

So Amsoil is marketing an oil for shared sump bikes but trying to make it easy for those who may not know what a shared sump is. Engine/Transmission and most likely clutch.

Oh man, Im awake way too early today ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WANG
What if the fasteners on the bike are Whitworth? What oil do we use then?

Does it matter? Those leak it out so fast it never has time to get dirty.

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back