Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out Z's pics with a 50 cal in another thread. He makes Rambo look like a girly man...
grin.gif

Yeah Groucho, INTC comes to mind as a Dow tech stock. And IBM. I guess NASDAQ has the most techs, at least the smaller high growths....

Pabs, don't know about CMGI; I'll take a look.

The market's holding up OK so far this week. No big drops, no big gains, just a Chinese water-torture kind of weakness. I think we're in the Summer doldrums. September should be interesting; it's historically a bad month for stocks.....

Arghhhhhhhhh.......... CMGI is my only hold at this point. Will wait for October to add positions or if something indicates to add earlier.

Housing is pulling back as anticipated.

Navstar (Nav)

Earnings estimates

Next Q

.84 vs .64

4th Q

$3.06 vs $2.02

full year

$4.82 vs $3.20

2007 Full Year $5.66

Cash flow is actually quite impressive

We have story here as well. Lots of fleets and truckers are upgrading and buying trucks before the new 2007 diesel standards kick in.

IMO you will see slam dunk 20-25% earnings growth for the next 18 months and we are currently 10% away from the low with a price of $31 and change. A forward 2007 pe of 6 and perhaps 4X cash flow does seem cheap even if there are some pension issues. Book value is solid and debt is ok.

Not a bad story and Bitogers understand new diesel regulations better than most analysts who might overlook this baby as boring.

Happy Motoring All,

blush.gif
)

Bugshu

The S&P formed an "engulfing bullish line" today (candlestick pattern), which looks to be the start of an uptrend.

All the fundamentals look bearish; oil prices, New Orleans disaster, etc, so maybe this will be a dead cat bounce......?

As soon as I sell the 2nd house I'll be more active. Sometimes a pile of cash is good, sometimes not. I have a enough downside risk to turn my gut liquid as it is. I hardly sleep any more. Pretty much I'm a wreck inside. I trust in the Lord. The rest stays in the MM.

As for for VTI (my only "stock" right now) and all my mutual funds - this rally has been nice.

Anyone else still an AAII memeber? I loved the annual www review issue.

Since the house is heading for closing....I will take $4K and open a Roth, too.

Can't wait for Sat IBD. Hope there are some good companies in the buy category! Any sweet rides right now?????

I went back when I was filing and shredding old papers and statements and crap, and something kind of hit me what my "approach" was in my early mutual fund investment days (1980's). My goal was to get the most # of shares via whatever means beyond just new buys. By this I mean basically re-invest everything in like funds. I always have chosen this option. It appears to be simply like compound interest growth - but I think about it differently - because even if the bean counters see it the same as just saying fund X had X% yield. I believe it is - if you look at just the dividends, but what about those cap gains and such that are essentially a percentage of the total fund valuation plowed back to the fund share holders as "cash". The hour of these occurrences your $'s are unchanged - but instead of holding $100 worth of shares (say 10 shares @ $10) - you now have $90 worth of shares 10@$9 and $10 cash. You get the point. If you were to plow it back in, you buy 1.1 shares at $9/share. Now you have 11.11111 shares @ $9…….so when it grows again you have more leverage.

Anyhow - looking over the years at the # of shares - wholly moley!!!!!!!

All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back