Your Prediction: ? years until NASCAR turbos/4 cyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is that within 6 years we will see either simply turbos added to the current NASCAR premiere series or a 4 cylinder boosted series (lots more women racers).

Within 5 years they will have rain tires and racing.

Also within 3 years we will see the stock cars on dirt.

The way NASCAR lives in the past,its only a matter of time before flathead engines make a comeback..

on the surface they switched to EFI "to be closer to their street counter parts"

I can see them going to a turbo 6 before a 4 cyl.

in my opinion, if they want to be serious with their eco freindly initiative, and all the time they spend patting themselves on the back talking about how they use "american ethanol" they should be running e100, 100% ethanol, not the e15 they currently run. they could certainly get more power, albeit with shorter fuel windows.

Last edited:
NASCAR was originally used to sell cars for the manufacturers..."Win on Sunday, sell on Monday".

But they are nowhere near that nowadays, they just switched to electronic fuel injection in 2012, a good 20+ years after the last carbureted production car was sold.

Open wheel, endurance, rally, and touring car racing is where the technology is...NASCAR and NHRA will stick mostly with what it has.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
My prediction is that within 6 years we will see either simply turbos added to the current NASCAR premiere series or a 4 cylinder boosted series (lots more women racers).

Within 5 years they will have rain tires and racing.

Also within 3 years we will see the stock cars on dirt.

I think you're right.
I also think that we'll see FWD or maybe AWD cars, which will reflect the cars actually out there on the market.
NASCAR is becoming increasingly irrelevant to the racing world and is losing its fan base.
Changes will have to be made.

Nascar has run a turbo in the past Buick and I believe will run one again in the future.

Last edited:
My prediction is that...Within 5 years they will have rain tires and racing.

Wait...they don't race in the rain now??

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
The way NASCAR lives in the past,its only a matter of time before flathead engines make a comeback..

I was just going to mention that I thought they still used flatheads.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: hpb
My prediction is that...Within 5 years they will have rain tires and racing.

Wait...they don't race in the rain now??

not the top series, (Sprint Cup), but the second Tier(was Nationwide, now XFinity)Does have the option to run rain tires on road courses, and even then, window wipers are optional.

and either option is rarely exercised.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Nascar has run a turbo in the past Buick and I believe will run one again in the future.

I don't think the Buick engine ran in NASCAR, but it did run at the Indy 500 for many years.

I could possibly see TGDI V-6 engines if Ford continues to go that route in their cars/trucks and others follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back