What Is Your Favorite Hand Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one of these dispensers, and it is time for a refill. Curious to know what hand cleaner you like. The wife hates Gojo, and wants me to use something else.

I've always used Gojo and it works great. If the wife hates it, you're going to find something else.

Blue Dawn dish soap. Tough on grime and gentle on the hands. Likely wife-approvable to boot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Blue Dawn dish soap. Tough on grime and gentle on the hands. Likely wife-approvable to boot.

I have always found best success with dish soap. "Natural" dish soaps don't work so well, so I suggest Dawn or one of the other name brand dish soaps.

I had best luck with Tide. Had been wrenching before work, and hand to have hands spotless (medical). Hands were cleaner after washing than before starting work on my bimmer. Probably not the most gentle thing for the skin, and I Now lmow what [censored] fire feels like when a wrench slipped and I scuffed my knuckles. For anything else I gust use soap or dish soap. Grime is off by the end of the day.

I like a brand called "Keiths hand cleaner". It's made by a guy in utah I believe. I mail order it. It's better than anything else I have ever tried.

Many of the big name hand cleaners eat my skin.Keiths does not

Blue Dawn dishsoap, used to keep a bottle in the shower when I worked in the pit at an oil change shop. Gojo was terrible on my skin and didn't take the oil off well at all.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Originally Posted By: sciphi

I have always found best success with dish soap. "Natural" dish soaps don't work so well, so I suggest Dawn or one of the other name brand dish soaps.

Me too. Name brand dish soap works well.

For post vehicular maintenance I like Boraxo; gets all the dirt and grease right off. Boraxo
Followed up with a good wash with any dish soap gets grimey hands pretty clean.

I have tried everything over the years. Everything seems to dry my hands out. Then in the winter dry/cracked=painful. Snap-on Medicated Cleaner.

I remember working in shops years ago that had the Boraxo powdered soap. Worked pretty well. I keep Go Jo on hand, also Lava bar. I also keep some Boraxo granules I mix with any of them. I choose my mix based on what I'm trying to get off my hands.
The Boraxo granules can be used with Dawn foam to do a pretty good job on my hands. I use Go Jo on clothes as well. Works well on hands, not so much on clothes.
At work we use Permatex Orange hand cleaner with the pumice in it.
Originally Posted By: slowdime
For post vehicular maintenance I like Boraxo; gets all the dirt and grease right off. Boraxo

Last edited:
Dawn industrial stuff at work we get it in a drum. Darn good stuff. At home it's a "redneck GOJO" of Dawn ULTRA and some used coffee grounds.

I've been using a 2 step bit lately - Baby oil, then wash with Dr. Bronner's and a brush. Much easier on the skin in the winter.

Otherwise, boraxo or fast orange.

Originally Posted By: panther427
http://www.permatex.com/products/our-brands/fast-orange. This stuff is pretty good

That's what I use, cleans my hands, guns and swab out the black powder barrel between shots. Fast Orange smooth without pumice
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I remember working in shops years ago that had the Boraxo powdered soap. Worked pretty well. I keep Go Jo on hand, also Lava bar. I also keep some Boraxo granules I mix with any of them. I choose my mix based on what I'm trying to get off my hands.
The Boraxo granules can be used with Dawn foam to do a pretty good job on my hands. I use Go Jo on clothes as well. Works well on hands, not so much on clothes.
At work we use Permatex Orange hand cleaner with the pumice in it.
Originally Posted By: slowdime

I use all of those, as well. Depending on what I did to get them dirty, various mixtures work best. But what I ALWAYS use is......My other hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back