Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Strangely enough, so am I!

abolish NATO and you guys can protect yourselves

Addy started a war!

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Your country is the one that has never learned from it's past...the rest of us are just watching.

That's nice. Generations of poor folks that have no incentive to work. There is no easy solution. We can't just ship em back to where they came from you know.

How about shipping them to Canada and they can teach us....

I found it a little interesting just because it was real life 80s footage of Watts, which does or did have quite a reputation. There are tons of early 90s movies on the subject, and Menace II Society is one of my favorite movies. I have to agree with others though that this video really doesn't show much going on and doesn't look that bad. A lot of the Southeast, especially New Orleans, was way worse in the 1990s and into the 2000s. I can drive less than two miles in my own neighborhood right now and find worse, or drive about 3-5 miles and find almost Detroit level ghetto [censored], though it isn't as expansive or populated as the well known neighborhoods in parts of LA.

'Nawlins, circa 1998...

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Foreboding music over grainy slow- mo video of pedestrians.

The only thing scary about this is how boring it is.

I was going to say - it would be pretty interesting if not for the effects of slowing it way down and making eerie music...

Still interesting to see what things looked like then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back