Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes GM - buy on the BAD news
smile.gif

IF CNC is down any more - I may jump in soon! 28? who knew???

I haven't even cracked open my Sat IBD. I've been so wrapped up in this house hunt/sale.......I'll see if there are any bargains....yeah right.

Amkeer - next correction is when?

Pabs,

I haven't had time to look at anything. We have been moving all week and still are unpacking. Now I know why I never move!
mad.gif
banghead.gif

Good luck with both your moves, Pablo and Amkeer. I would rather poke needles in my eyes......
grin.gif

I've been looking at some charts over the weekend, and as the stocks and averages go up, the indicators are staying neutral or going down. This is generally a bearish condition. But July was a good month, and the charts looked the same last month......so who knows...?

The stock market is like a rampaging herd of Elephants; it takes a lot of time and energy to turn it. By the looks of things we're in the last stages of this bull market, and most of the gains have been wrung out already......

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
By the looks of things we're in the last stages of this bull market, and most of the gains have been wrung out already......

You know that's my feeling too. I've got some good gains lately but not I"m feeling that I should take them and wait for better prospects. I think this market is learning more towards good solid picks(that pay dividend) and that are a discount to the market, hold them a while and take the profits. Then go out and look for the same thing.

I guess you can call that a contrarian play? Anyhow it feels better for me doing it that way then trying to hold long long term, seems they go up then you don't get any appreciation for a long time after that, or else it goes back to where you bought the stock.

God I hate this market.
dunno.gif

Did some selling yesterday.
I had IYZ that I bought during the last rally thinging it would be going higher, it just came back to break even so I dumped it.

I had AMDT, they had a recent run up so I took the profit of over 50%.

Also got rid of some penny stocks that were losing me money, luckly I don't put much in them when I do (bet) most I lost was about $300.

glad I bought XTO a while back... up to $36 and rising
smile.gif

Bummer LCAV is down today... I have a bigtime win on that one...

I'm thinking of selling my holdings in MRK... I got in at $26 or so, it was up, but has been dropping slowly and now is in the 30s. Dont know what Id buy though...

JMH

Earnings history for Pep Boys.

July 04 Est .37 Actual .29
Oct. 04 Est .20 Actual .14
Jan. 05 Est .01 Actual -.18
Apr. 05 Est .20 Actual -.04

Total Miss past 12 months .57 cents.

Next earnings report est .11 cents.

Im not sure that Pep Boys can hold in there if they miss again. Debts already reduced to junk. BBB-

What do I know? None of you listened to me when I last recommended Kosp.

I cant help but wonder if high gas prices will keep mileage off older cars and the need to replace tires will drop. Employee pricing has encouraged many to trade in clunkers for new cars and that wont help pep boys either. They seem to be remodeling their entire line of stores and I cant imagine earnings being positive until they get done with that project. But hey, Im just a good ole boy from Texas and shorting stock can be tricky.

Oh well .... Do your own due diligence.

Happy Motoring All,

cool.gif

Bugshu

Bugshu, I can't speak specifically about pep boys, but a lot of the SUVs sold 5-7 years ago are due for a lot of parts replacement.

If the owners can't afford to get killed on a trade/sale, they will have to repair.

A bud in auto parts (independent) is seeing this.

I heard mention yesterday of a nationwide truckers strike, because of high fuel prices. Can you imagine what a strike like that would do to the stock market?

He he, just something to keep everyone awake at night....
sleeping.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back