Ultra XG3600 Date Code Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
I just bough an Ultra XG3600 for the Tacoma and was looking for the date code on the can. I know it's hard to see, so used a strong flashlight and even a magnifier to find it ... no go. I even removed the sticker on the side of the can thinking the date code was maybe underneath the sticker ... no go.

Did Fram stop putting date codes on their oil filters, or was this a fluke instance?
21.gif
Motorking ... ??

Originally Posted By: car51
Zee0sux: the FU 3614 I bought last weekend has no date code either. It's getting returned tomorrow

Ultra is very recent within 2 years, Extended Guard is the older version. I have few Ultra's for S2000 and Accord, I didn't care to check the date code.

Are these filters perishable? Why do you care about the date?

I like to see the date codes also i looked at one my daughter bought for her friends Toyota Avalon (XG3614) and you could barely see it but it says A51282 does anyone know what date this ultra was made?

Also the black grip on the top looks like a homeless person painted it after he finished a bottle of vodka for lunch, i hope they did a better job on the rest of the filter. I told her to open the box and look at it carefully before she checked out but..

Originally Posted By: car51
Zee0six: the FU 3614 I bought last weekend has no date code either. It's getting returned tomorrow

I wouldn't return it over that, but was just curious why it didn't have any date code. I looked many times with strong light and even a magnifying glass. They aren't that hard to find if they are put on the can.

I'm sure it's pretty new stock, and it got installed on the Tacoma today.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Also the black grip on the top looks like a homeless person painted it after he finished a bottle of vodka for lunch, i hope they did a better job on the rest of the filter.

LoL ... the black grippy paint is there for grip, not a custom paint job for a car show.
grin.gif

Perhaps its under the sticker?
smile.gif

The code for the XG2 I recently bought is right between the 2 ends of the sticker on the can. At least I think its the date code.
21.gif

"Ok boys, thanks for your patience.
date code is read like this-
located On the side it will be printed horizontally starting with a Alfa then 5 digits sample would be A32471 A=Plant 3=year=247 Julian date 1= shift
so this one would be Greenville Oh, 2003 or 2013, Aug 29th, first"

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3265676/Re:_Fram_X2_vs_Fram_Ultra.#Post3265676

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Perhaps its under the sticker?
smile.gif

Already looked there ...
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I even removed the sticker on the side of the can thinking the date code was maybe underneath the sticker ... no go.

Its nice running a filter that you only have to worry about where the date code is located vs whether you got a Tear.......

Zee0Six: my FU-3614 had a huge dent on some end. I took it back and said "I either get ANOTHER FU-3614 FREE or I want my $$$ back. They walked with me to auto isle and I got another "damage free filter" and all is good;)

That's interesting as I have here on my desk a Fram xg3614 with a good dent in the dome end, date code from 2012, bought about 4 months ago. Store is too far away. I bought online. Box was sealed and the seals hadn't been restuck down. I could have online returned it but let it go too long. Another, an xg4967 has no date code. It has a very small shallow dent on the side, more of an impression, but I will use it. Probably both are OK to use.

This is a Fram filter I have with a dent. Although I know this thread is about no date code. This came out of a sealed box, which looked untampered with. But now I see a clever person probably could peel the seals and reattach if they were into cheating to that extent.
DSCN1061_zpst1lzemf1.jpg
DSCN1062_zpsawpfm7yk.jpg

I take every filter I'm about to purchase and open the box to make sure there are no big dents in the can. Better to spot the issues before you checkout. This is why I don't order a filter online. I can't trust the delivery guys at all. They throw packages all the time. My oil test kit came the other day. The postman thought it would be ok to throw it 15 feet into my living room from outside my fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back