IRC tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude wants $75 for the IRC 920. She's talked to several PC owners that refer to the 555's as "Dancin' Dunlops", due to their tendency to follow tar snakes & grooves.

Avon's are OOS for just about everybody.

I remember IRC tyres from the '70's, and I guess they've been around longer than that. I've used their offroad tyres often, and they work very well. They make one of the best competition trials tyres around.

Originally Posted By: WANG
Originally Posted By: 02SE

Shinko is another manufacturer that makes tires to a price point. Like IRC, they aren't the best, but they're also not the worst.

Totally not germane to this woman's Pacific Coast, but:
I don't know about most of the Shinko offerings, but they are The Heat for dragracing.

Yeah, I have some friends that have built some serious TurboBusa's for ProStreet Motorcycle dragracing. They often use a Shinko Drag Radial. But that's about the only area where Shinko excels at this point in time. Of course they will likely keep improving in other areas in time.

I'm using Shinko 110's front and rear at the moment - much better than the Bridgestone Spitfires I had previously.

Update: the IRC was good. Afrer ~2200 miles, she reports it was a bit more stable at highway speeds than the Metzler it replaced.

WoW 2200 miles in less than a month, she's a true motorcyclist. Have fun
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back