2011 Focus ATF question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the 2011 Focus I have changed the ATF 20k ago and used Mercon LV. Should I use this ATF again or does MaxLife that says it meets LV spec good enough? Thank u in advance

Max life is working well for me. It's not actually licensed for my app but they recommend it and all is well.
It is licensed for merc lv i guess
or its right on the front of the bottle anyway.

I'd say either or will work fine for you.

Yeah, I like the MC LV as its the in my book/owners manual "correct fluid". Don't know about MaxLife

It was used in some Mazdas too, I believe. Mercon V was specified for a while too. I am sure a Mazda fluid would work in it as well.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
It was used in some Mazdas too, I believe. Mercon V was specified for a while too. I am sure a Mazda fluid would work in it as well.

Mercon V and Mazda M-V are not one in the same

Originally Posted By: brandini

Maxlife is working in my Mazda m-v tranmy. No issues, have gone a month so far

Originally Posted By: car51
So in the 2011 Focus I have changed the ATF 20k ago and used Mercon LV. Should I use this ATF again or does MaxLife that says it meets LV spec good enough? Thank u in advance

Ford licenses Mercon LV so "meets specifications" is not the same as being licensed and exact specification. I believe that Mercon LV is actually synthetic as well and you can get properly licensed
Mercon LV from a number of brands, but MaxLife is NOT one of them.
Why not just look for a licensed Mercon LV ATF and be done with it, I believe that even Wal Mart SuperTech Mercon LV is licensed. The benefit of a license is that the manufacturer meets the exact specification for the fluid requirements which means you are guaranteed best quality for your car.

Originally Posted By: brandini

The fluids are different, but I can't imagine the 4F27E transmission in a Ford Focus is going to be different than the 4F27E that was put in Mazda products.

Since no one knows a correct Mercon LV fluid that won't screw my trans up; I'll stick with the MC LV fluid. Or I'll look online for the ST Mercon LV. Thanks guys, just stressing me out and don't need to rebuild a trans

Thanks for that info sir
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back