Redline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: southernjeeper

Hands down the best picture to clearly see what people deny that ethanol is good for our gas. It's doing this kinda stuff slowly if left untreated!!

Thanks for this thread reply man!!

That's not showing phase separation, which would look kind of milky and likely in 3 layers. It probably would phase separate over time though. Someone added water in a 1:3 ratio. If it were zero-ethanol gasoline, it would look the same. In fact what it's showing is that there are limits to the amount of water that can be dispersed by E10 (about one part in 200).

Granted - I've seen phase separation in the tank of a lawn mower, but I don't worry too much about a modern car's gas tank.

Red Line used to have a water remover/antifreeze product. I found it on clearance once at an auto parts store that was discontinuing it. They claimed that it could remove an equal part water compared to how much was used, by dispersing the water into little droplets, adding a lubricant to the water to prevent damage, and lowering the freezing point. I used to premix it with SI-1, and it would turn into this strange milky liquid. I contacted Red Line and they said it was OK to use together. It's apparently still on the market, although I remember it was darker looking than this picture.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=81&pcid=12

And just so anyone knows my password for amazon was f'd after mentioning amazon on here. Consequenced ??

Thanks a lot whoever that was you little [censored].

What does this mean? Someone guessed your password? Was it 'Southern', 'Jeeper', or 'Southernjeeper'? Was it 'password'?

//

I also don't get the irresponsible part. When I purchased Redline before, it consisted of 2 bottles from my local foreign car parts place, and then a case from Amazon. The box from Amazon came fully intact and with no leaks. Was the irresponsible part the risk of leakage or the lack of local support? If the latter, then I don't get it.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
My only additives are a bottle of Heet (red) once it really gets cold (February)
and half an ounce of Marine Sta-Bil (blue) every half a dozen fill-ups...

I thought became obsolete, since gas is 10% ethanol, and heet is just ethanol, anyway.

Most of the modern "Heets" are isopropyl alcohols in a very thin mineral oil called a "top" oil.

Automotive uses (from wiki):
Quote:
Isopropyl alcohol is a major ingredient in "gas dryer" fuel additives. In significant quantities, water is a problem in fuel tanks, as it separates from the gasoline, and can freeze in the supply lines at cold temperatures. Alcohol does not remove water from gasoline; rather, the alcohol solubilizes water in gasoline. Once soluble, water does not pose the same risk as insoluble water, as it will no longer accumulate in the supply lines and freeze. Isopropyl alcohol is often sold in aerosol cans as a windshield de-icer. Isopropyl alcohol is also used to remove brake fluid traces from hydraulic braking systems, so that the brake fluid (usually DOT 3, DOT 4, or mineral oil) does not contaminate the brake pads, which would result in poor braking.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Most of the modern "Heets" are isopropyl alcohols in a very thin mineral oil called a "top" oil.

Automotive uses (from wiki):
Quote:
Isopropyl alcohol is a major ingredient in "gas dryer" fuel additives. In significant quantities, water is a problem in fuel tanks, as it separates from the gasoline, and can freeze in the supply lines at cold temperatures. Alcohol does not remove water from gasoline; rather, the alcohol solubilizes water in gasoline. Once soluble, water does not pose the same risk as insoluble water, as it will no longer accumulate in the supply lines and freeze. Isopropyl alcohol is often sold in aerosol cans as a windshield de-icer. Isopropyl alcohol is also used to remove brake fluid traces from hydraulic braking systems, so that the brake fluid (usually DOT 3, DOT 4, or mineral oil) does not contaminate the brake pads, which would result in poor braking.

Gold Eagle sells Iso-HEET in the red bottle, but methanol-based HEET in the blue bottle. I've heard that methanol is actually superior as a water disperser, but I know it tends to give people the creeps since methanol is notorious for causing corrosion. However, they dump tons of corrosion inhibitors in that stuff.

Also - I've never seen any windshield deicer fluid/spray using isopropanol. It's always been methanol, and they always have warning messages about possible blindness from ingestion. I've used a variety of different products in bottles, trigger sprays, and spray cans, but it's always been methanol.

Interesting, and it could be a regional thing, but every heet product and every spray deicer in this area contains isopropyl alcohol.

Now, out winter Windshield washer fluids DO contain a small percentage of methanol.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

And just so anyone knows my password for amazon was f'd after mentioning amazon on here. Consequenced ??

Thanks a lot whoever that was you little [censored].

What does this mean? Someone guessed your password? Was it 'Southern', 'Jeeper', or 'Southernjeeper'? Was it 'password'?

//

I also don't get the irresponsible part. When I purchased Redline before, it consisted of 2 bottles from my local foreign car parts place, and then a case from Amazon. The box from Amazon came fully intact and with no leaks. Was the irresponsible part the risk of leakage or the lack of local support? If the latter, then I don't get it.

NOPE.

Let's just say that I had my part in why the security of facebook got better of 2009. My computer was tampered with when I had the fan replaced. And let's just say things moved very fast after that. 😜😜😜

Privacy and security and my passwords weren't working for any of my emails.

That's why facebook went to secure lock site.

Passwords should be more than 10digits

Originally Posted By: 285south
What he said is true. You only need one bottle every 40K miles driven.

I just used a bottle, and the label said to use every 3K miles. 40K is way off.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Ordering that kind of stuff through the mail is just irresponsible.

How so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back