squeaking noise when car is moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
96 I30/Maxima

sometimes the car squeaks when the car is moving, but never when stopped. I don't think it's the brake pads because it still squeaks when I hit the brakes, but only goes away after stopped or almost totally stopped.

If it were the pads, then the noise would instantly quite once I stepped on the brake pedal.

right?

My guess is wheel bearing or control arm bushings.

I also see ALOT of Nissans this era with bad struts, bouncing up and down and up and down like a mechanical bull going down the road. I saw one today too.

Originally Posted By: Wheel
Does it do it in reverse too ?

I don't think so, but I don't know. I don't go fast enough for it to happen in reverse.

Noticed my ball joints squeaking mostly in parking lots turning or backing out of driveway while turning. More noticeable at low speeds.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Cat in the trunk?

It's Schrodinger's cat. Don't open the trunk.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
My guess is wheel bearing or control arm bushings.

I also see ALOT of Nissans this era with bad struts, bouncing up and down and up and down like a mechanical bull going down the road. I saw one today too.

+1 on the control arm bushings, it could be something in the struts or the strut mounts also.

the struts are fairly new, but installed before I bought the car (I've only had it a few months). Unfortunately, they're low-quality Unity quick struts.

I'd like to replace them with Tokico Illumina (I was hoping to use the existing quick strut hardware on the Illuminas), or maybe Gabriel quick struts.

The struts themselves don't seem too bad yet, as the car rides fine.

The control arms have also been replaced.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
the struts are fairly new, but installed before I bought the car (I've only had it a few months). Unfortunately, they're low-quality Unity quick struts.

I'd like to replace them with Tokico Illumina (I was hoping to use the existing quick strut hardware on the Illuminas), or maybe Gabriel quick struts.

The struts themselves don't seem too bad yet, as the car rides fine.

The control arms have also been replaced.
Even newer parts squeak. My car has newer control arm bushings and upper strut mounts and it just started squeaking when going over speed bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back