how much can a pt cruiser hold inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everyone my mom is getting married in July 4th. She only decided this 6 weeks ago so its been a rush. They decided to do it in a hurry becsuse her finances nom isnt doing so well and they wanted her to be around for it. That being said ive been doing everything i can to help her. I found 8 tables for 15 dollars on gov deals.com and i found 30 fold up chairs for 60 on Craigslist. Its a pretty small wedding. I need to get the chairs on Saturday they are in waterloo Illinois which is roughly 1hr 15 mins away and my truck isnt currently licensed. So i am considering employing the pt cruiser for this task. I can remove the rear seats and if i do that do you think 30 metal fold up chairs will fit? I think itll be close......any thoughts?

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Pt doesn't have any way to pull a trailer.

That is is too bad as Uhaul trailer is $20 and would fit the likely 10 or so chairs that will never fit in your car. I use Uhaul $20 rental a lot with my MDX.

Can you use the roof somehow safely with decent tiedown straps?

30 chairs will not fit in a PT Cruiser.

You might be able to split them between the Focus the PT cruiser, tho...

I considered taking both cars but dont want to have to do that . I was thinking i could do three rows of chairs on one row and then two rows in the back and stack them 6 high. So like this

!!!
!!

You guys dont think that would work?

Maybe bring straps and blankets to put a few on the roof if needed? Is the PT trunk a lift gate? Maybe you can leave that a little open and strapped if needed.

Yea the pt has a lift gate . I could probably strap some on to the roof if needed. Hmmm wonder if that would work

A van from a car rental place is going to be better (unlimited mileage).

Try hotwire, priceline etc. Hit up a local place or airport on a Friday for the lowest rates.

Good luck with everything!

I think renting a small box van would probably eliminate a lot of potential headaches with this. Nobody here can say for sure if 30 folding chairs will fit in your PT unless they have put 30 of the same kind of chairs in their PT.

Uhaul is out of the question. .59 cents per mile will be an easy 60 bucks.

How much is involved for getting the truck on the road? I'd go that route if possible, you could probably get a 3-day permit. Here they're like $5.

Is there anyone else that you can borrow their truck or a car with a hitch you can use a Uhaul trailer?

Just inspect it and license it and insure it. No biggie ive just been putting off doing it because i don't hardly ever use it.

I will say this. I had a P.T. for 5 years, and you wouldn't believe the stuff I hauled in it. I can't say for sure, but I think it just might do it, as I usually figured it would haul as much as some short box small pickups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back