Anyone running e85 in their mowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine the engine needs some way to adjust timing and fuel flow,a carburetor cant do that.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I would imagine the engine needs some way to adjust timing and fuel flow,a carburetor cant do that.

I dont mean without adjustment but thanks!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
why would you????

Alcohol burns cleaner for one! I have been smelling the oil companies bouquet for long enough to be tired of it. My car is much less noxious with alcohol.

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Have enough problems running e10.
x2!

x3

X4

Could install a small turbo, raise the compression to 11/1, and install significantly higher flow fuel pumps.

My 18HP 580cc Kawasaki powered mower might be able to make 40HP or so, before it liberated a connecting rod or ventilated the crankcase.

Originally Posted By: thankful4engines
why would you????

Alcohol burns cleaner for one! I have been smelling the oil companies bouquet for long enough to be tired of it. My car is much less noxious with alcohol.
Then there's something wrong with it.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
why would you????

Then there's something wrong with it.

umm.. no

why would you????

ah ha! your car! if it is designed to run on E85 moon shine go right ahead. BTW you get less MPG.
Now OPE AFAIK are not designed to run E85 moonshine.

Last edited:

ah ha! your car! if it is designed to run on E85 moon shine go right ahead. BTW you get less MPG.
Now OPE AFAIK are not designed to run E85 moonshine.

smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back