Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some damage to the technicals today. Saw the setups around 11-12 today and didn't like them. The move up from down open brought out the buyers to fill any gaps. Once that dried up around 10-11 the selling took hold and set up an avalanche. 170 points down on the industrials we haven't seen that in almost 2 years! We already knew the market was in an overbought phase, but this selloff is a little discouraging. The good news is there was some short covering and buyers the last 15 minutes. That should bode well for some long positions tomorrow.

Stocks of interest IMH. Looking for a long entry here, but not quite sure if its an entry here. This stock is very volitile.

Intc appears to be continuing its solid move up, but may be weakening due to the indexes plummet.

NVDA is on a tear!

CMGI I don't know what this is doing, if you do let me know. I either cry for joy or scream in pain.

My goal is to stay at 20 trades a month. Looks like I may hit that. Maybe! I find myself leaving a chunk of profits trading this way, but it makes life less stressfull.
grin.gif

Very strange day, indeed! Oil prices popped up big, but the oil stocks dropped along with the overall market......? Not a good sign. Short-term interest rates were up, but long-term rates down....? Shows a lack of confidence in future company profits, maybe.

They say pull-backs in a bull market are sharp and scary, well today fit the bill......I hope you're right about tomorrow, Amkeer. If we have another high volume down day, could be trouble.....if the market stabilizes, then we might be OK for awhile.

Actually the portfolio did not eat choda and I bumped past another sell position. Starting to get cash rich again.......I have an URGE to research!

Leaving for HOME on Saturday!!! Can't happen soon enough.

I see double bottoms forming on a couple of the Dow 30 stocks, namely IBM and UTX. Maybe on some more, I just havent't had time to look at them. Since these are very large cap stocks, maybe a rise in them will portend an overall market rise......?

Are you getting tired of eating Chinese food yet, Pablo? I'm always hungry again, 30 minutes after eating it....
grin.gif

Have a safe trip back.

quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:

I'm always hungry again, 30 minutes after eating it....
grin.gif

Have a safe trip back.

Why is that?? I'm the same way. But it always seems that I also overeat. Like I can't get enough, then I'm stuff. But just like clockwork I'm hungry in 30 minutes.

Weird

offtopic.gif
That's because it's not real Chinese food and you probably veggie/carbo loaded. I don't want to digress, but there really isn't much, if any real Chinese food in the USA.
offtopic.gif

Back ON TOPIC. Any word on LU? Did the reverse split happen, etc????

Z - good to have you back. The smart guys don't post anymore.

I don't name stocks as much any more, for fear of lawsuits. But I made cash.

I suppose you are still waiting for the same stocks to go up? Any word on LU?

I'm still here, just haven't had anything worthwhile to contribute. This market is a teaser, just when you think you've figured it out, it turns on you.....

I sold my LU, made some lunch money, and went into GLW as a "trader". Just treading water so far this year.....

(posted November 12, 2004 09:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pabs,

Market is rockin!!!! AMD is up almost 100% in 2 months!

We broke above the upper lower trending channel in case you were sleeping and just woke up. The market is in euphoria since this technical breakout. Look for the DJIA to take out 11000 by the beginning of 2005.

I am 50% vested in the market and look to be fully vested within the next 4 trading days barring any breakdowns. )from November post..

Not to far off 11000! We had 4 attempts to break through resistance at 10860 and finally did today. We had 2 days of rapid swings while the market was in indecision, but in the end the market broke out instead of down!
cheers.gif

Anybody else watching General Motors (GM)?

It's been taking a pounding lately. I bought some of their bonds and placed an order for 150 shares at $34.25. Last I knew it was around $34.70.

I got Intel (INTC) not long ago for $19.65 which was a penny higher than it's most recent bottom of $19.64. Not bad.

I don't day trade. My horizon is at least 20 years out. I rarely buy and almost never sell but I DID sell my CAT and AZO a year ago for a few thousand in profits.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

Bror,

My original entry on intc was 19.68. It was off the double bottom bounce. You got me beat!
wink.gif
grin.gif

GM is heavily BEARISH! Its in a downward trending channel. If you have a long term hold you might be fine, but I wouldn't be interested in this for a long since it hasn't tested a bottom. To many other good stocks out there that are performing and have more potential.

[ March 05, 2005, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

Bror - So you must have read the Barron's GM article - it said the bonds were an OK deal......

Personally I own FCZ long. (check it out)

And I own TM long. (lookin' good)

And I day trade some car parts manufacturers and suppliers
grin.gif

P,

My butt is sitting on top of the fridge. Would like to buy some more LU, but don't have the cash right now. Dow is about to hit 11k! A very good thing, right??

My butt jumps from freezer to toaster with great regularity.

LU is really in the toilet. Is there hope? What about the reverse split?

Funny thing with me? I get myself ready for a dive (kinda forget that fact), sell-off happens.....then I wonder why my portfolio didn't dive all that much...
lol.gif
pat.gif

Look up symbol BOOM - Dynamic Materials Corp
grin.gif
(not recommending the stock, just funny)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back