Total Quartz 9000 Future 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently running M1 5w30 in a 2008 Saturn Astra 80k miles. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using Total Quartz 9000 Future 5W30? How does it compare vs the M1 and say PUP?

It appears to be SL rated, which means it has higher (perhaps than necessary) levels of phosphorous and zinc additives.

API SL is from 12 years ago.

Where did you even get it? Total doesn't really do any business in the US. If it's easy for you to get, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it, and it's A5/B5 which is good since the Astra is a European car, and that it will go the full OCI suggested by the computer. Does the Astra have the OLM?

Originally Posted By: guard
I am currently running M1 5w30 in a 2008 Saturn Astra 80k miles. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using Total Quartz 9000 Future 5W30? How does it compare vs the M1 and say PUP?
I have approximately 1500 miles on a Total FGC 5w30 oil change. I think it makes my 2015 Equinox with 2.4 ltr Ecotec smoother than the factory fill or QSUD. I bought a case of 12 off Amazon.com. I like it.

I was curious about this oil as well.. but there isn't too much out there on it. The thing that sctually got my atention was the advertisements I saw while watching baseball highlights. Their logo is all over the place in Dodger Stadium. Yet the only place I could find it was Amazon.

I assume it isn't worth the extra cost over Penn. Ultra or M1..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back