How golfers decide on lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestas

Staff member
A group of golfing buddies, all in their 40's, discussed where they should
meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters
because it wasn't far from the course, the waitresses were young, good
looking, showed lots of cleavage and wore short-shorts.

Ten years later, at age 50, the golfing buddies once again discussed where
they should meet for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at
Hooters because the food and service was good, they had many televisions to
watch the games on, and the beer selection was excellent.

Ten years later, at age 60, the gang again discussed where they should meet
for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because
there was plenty of parking, they could dine in peace, and it was good
value for the money.

Ten years later, at age 70, they discussed where they should meet for
lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because the
restaurant was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.

Ten years later, at age 80, the friends discussed where they should meet
for lunch. Finally it was agreed that they would meet at Hooters because
they had never been there before!

I went to Hooters one time in my early 40's. Made me feel old to be waited on by young women that could be my daughter.

Hooters here shares a parking lot with an Extended Stay motel. Two older couples in the parking lot of the motel were discussing where to eat lunch. The wives were saying not at Hooters because they heard that it was disgusting that the waitress showed so much cleavage just to get better tips. When they asked my I told them Hooters was all about owls and inside they had some of the cutest looking owls I've ever seen. As I left I saw them walking across the parking lot, headed for Hooters as I drove away. I've always wondered what happened.

My dad has taken up golfing since quasi-retiring. I think he'll get a kick out of this.

//

32.gif

As a younger man in college I was dragged there by...coworkers every so often, even though the service was just ok and the food marginal (I do remember the chicken salad being pretty good, though.) When I go on travel the old guys still seem to want to go there and get a little miffed if you don't want to join. I was in St Louis recently and ditched the larger group who wanted chain restaurant after chain restaurant (including Hooters) and instead dined each evening with one other like-minded guy on some of the best BBQ and other food STL had to offer!

Besides not being a fan of chains, the issue I had with Hooters, was that the waitresses always seemed to pay the most attention to the older men. It seemed to be due to my age back in college, which I also experienced while dining out at fancy restaurants - I always tip well for good service, but i'm sure they assumed I wouldn't and wasn't worth their time compared to older men. Oddly enough, I tipped poorly for bad service, which probably propagated the stereotype that young men tip poorly - nasty vicious cycle really.

I did work up the guts while on a date to confront an older waiter who seemed pleasant and attentive to all of the older couple around us, but paid us almost no attention. I explained to him that I didn't dine out at expensive restaurants often but that I could afford the > $100 bill, including a very good tip for good service. I went on to explain why I wasn't leaving him more than 10%, and was surprised when he apologized seemingly sincerely. I'm a sucker, so I think I dropped another 5 spot on the table before leaving, though it definitely wasn't deserved!

/digression/rant! I got a little carried away, sorry!
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back