New Amsoil labeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is of no consequence to anybody or anything, I just thought it was hilarious and hadn't seen a post referring to it...

Amsoil has "Metric Motorcycle Oil". It's marketed to "metric motorcycle owners who demand the absolute best".
The 20w50 is just "Synthetic Motorcycle Oil" but you can use it in foreign and domestic bikes.
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Maybe nobody else will find this as comically hokey and lame as me. I don't take myself very seriously, but don't know that I could bring myself to buy four quarts of something with such a corny label even if I have used the stuff for years.
33.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I may try the "Dirt Bike Oil", though. Their talk about clutches and race starts has me intrigued a bit to see how it would hold up in my old hotrod at the dragstrip.

Last edited:
I was not impressed with the name either. Saying Asian bike oil, or Japanese bike oil would probably not have been a good name. Maybe they should have done a survey on the name?

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Not worth fretting over a stupid marketing slip up. Clearly they were not thinking with their dipstick.

That was one of my favorite ad campaigns, right there. I'm not fretting over it, it just struck a chord somewhere inside me that almost had beverage coming out of my nose!

Some people refer to their Japanese cruisers as Metric Cruisers to differentiate them from a Harley. So the labeling makes perfect sense to those that might purchase it.

I notice that Amsoil also hypes 20-40 motorcycle oil for "V-Twins", or something like that, shooting for the Victory owners.

I'd like to try that in my Can Am but it's not a V-Twin. Wonder if the shared gearbox would be affected?

Well will you look at that. For a long time members on here took offence whenever I referred to a Japanese bike as a "metric bike". Making it sound like I was using a racial slur. And now one of the biggest aftermarket oil manufacturers, market an oil with the words "Metric Motorcycle oil" proudly emblazoned on the bottle.This must be steaming the clams of all the proud patriotic Japanese bike owners here. I just can't stop laughing.,,,

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Well will you look at that. For a long time members on here took offence whenever I referred to a Japanese bike as a "metric bike". Making it sound like I was using a racial slur. And now one of the biggest aftermarket oil manufacturers, market an oil with the words "Metric Motorcycle oil" proudly emblazoned on the bottle.This must be steaming the clams of all the proud patriotic Japanese bike owners here. I just can't stop laughing.,,,

...as your own clam steams, by virtue of the predominance of Japanese-sourced parts in your "Assembled in the USA" cruiser....... lol Ah the ironies of life......

I'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Don't forget to use your "Metric motorcycle oil", Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.,,,

For someone who spends so much time laughing, you sure are ornery and contrarian on this site, ever trying to instigate whomever doesn't abide by the "World according to BH"....... Oh, and before I forget, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Don't forget to use your "Metric motorcycle oil", Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.,,,

What ? your bank account is between your legs every time you hop on the Harley. Haaaaaaaaa...

Originally Posted By: Mik

...as your own clam steams, by virtue of the predominance of Japanese-sourced parts in your "Assembled in the USA" cruiser....... lol Ah the ironies of life......

You are 100 % incorrect.
Correct yourself yourself and anyone who believes your incorrect statement, go to a Harley Dealer, look on the front frame of any touring bike where the Vin number is and you will see "Made in the USA"

I dont care anything about the subject, I do care about false or incorrect statements that other people may believe.

I dont care where the product is made, I want the best product for my money and many metrics deliver the goods in spades. But Harley also delivers the good in spades and you do get one [censored] of a product for what you pay, just like, lets say a BMW.
As an American and on my first Harley, after owning many fantastic metrics, I feel I got every dollars worth on my Harley in fit, finish performance and value for the dollar, no metric in this class cruiser comes close.

Im darn proud an AMERICAN corporation can compete and be as successful as they have been. Heck, as Americans we better start waking up and cheering on the home teams! Pending the melt down this country is facing.

Dont believe me, go to a HD dealer and go over the bike with a fine tooth comb, compare the fit, finish, paint and materials on the bike, you will learn a lot. Take one for a ride, you will learn more, such as the suspension, handling and ride.

Again, I DO NOT CARE what bike one rides, but I do care when one makes completely wrong statements without verifying what they are saying. American or Metric.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastGame

What ? your bank account is between your legs every time you hop on the Harley. Haaaaaaaaa...

Or BMW Or Indian Or Victory or Goldwing or etc, etc, etc or any fine made product.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

Or BMW Or Indian Or Victory or Goldwing or etc, etc, etc or any fine made product.

I wasn't directing my comment at you so mind your own P's & Q's. BigCahuna doesn't need the forum HD superhero at the rescue...he can handle himself just fine.

Now, go attack the HD isn't made with American parts violators and leave the J/K sarcasm haha stuff to the poor soul it's directed.

I wasn't directing my comment at you so mind your own P's & Q's. BigCahuna doesn't need the forum HD superhero at the rescue...he can handle himself just fine.

Now, go attack the HD isn't made with American parts violators and leave the J/K sarcasm haha stuff to the poor soul it's directed.

Your in a public forum and made an inaccurate statement saying Harley's are "assembled in the USA" when in fact Harley's are labeled "Made in the USA"

Since this is a public forum people who read it need to know when something is incorrect and anyone reading that can see I am in no way defending B.C. Even though in a public forum, one can do so.
However i am simply correcting a wrong statement made by you.
I'll leave the rift raft to you guys. The people reading these threads know who they are.

Last edited:
Your in a public forum and made an inaccurate statement saying Harley's are "assembled in the USA" when in fact Harley's are labeled "Made in the USA"

Really ? show me where it did that....

I made a joking comment about laughing all the way to the bank, you jump in giving me lessons about the price of quality.

Oops my mistake, you are correct, you didn't say that, it was MIK which I first responded too correctly, got confused by your rant. :eek:)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Some people refer to their Japanese cruisers as Metric Cruisers to differentiate them from a Harley. So the labeling makes perfect sense to those that might purchase it.

I refer to my bikes as metric cruisers...just sayen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back