minor park lot fender benfer and "diminished value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, it's a cheap economy car, it's made to be a disposable appliance. I can see a diminished value on something like a high end SRT8 Challenger or a ZR1 Corvette but on a cheap plastic-mobile? Give me a break. You obsess over that car too much as it is, nobody's gonna blink an eye over the scratch it got. It's a 2-3 year old USED car.

Carfax isn't hardly anything. My dad has done collision repair since 1987 and all the shops he's worked for, including huge chain shops and dealerships never report anything to Carfax.

Now move along, there's bigger fires to put out in life.

Time to trade it in I guess:

Originally Posted By: flinter
Hi,

I am considering trading in my MINT condition 2013 Honda Civic EX Sedan with 18,000 miles for a new 2015 Civic EX. If I was to have a dealer appraise my Civic, do I or should I go along with the appraiser on the test drive?
I dont trust anyone driving my car but me and I dont know telling the appraiser this is considered inappropriate or insulting to him/her? What is the proper protocol for this??

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb....ri#Post3766008

Wow,

I ask a intelligent, mature question and get some immature, childish responses...oh well. If you cant respond in a mature, professional manner, you should not respond at all. Lets all try to be mature and cordial to each other.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: flinter
Wow,

I ask a intelligent, mature question and get some immature, childish responses...oh well. If you cant respond in a mature, professional manner, you should not respond at all. Lets all try to be mature and cordial to each other.

Well, you really seem to be making a big issue out of nothing. See if it has a Carfax report (which I doubt) and even then I wouldn't worry about it. Like others said, maybe 500 bucks tops. FWIW I could care less if a used econobox I was looking to buy had a few scratches or minor repaired damage, as long as it was fixed right.

Its not really worth anything less.

If it was a La Ferrari than yes you would have a strong case because Ferrari owners go apeshit if you don't buy official Ferrari wiper blades and have a record of an official dealer installing them.

Civic's? Nah no one cares unless you wrapped it around a tree. Worst case it has a minor carfax like most Civics after a few years.

Last edited:
If the accident was as you said and it didn't cause structural damage, I wouldn't value the car as diminished.

Both the bumper and are taillight assembly are completely replaceable parts. Unless the repair was done incorrectly and you got like wood screws and wrong fasteneres or lack of fasteners.

It would be like you changed the battery or lightbulb on your car, wouldn't change the value in my book, in fact it'd improve it over a scratched but original part.

If there was other damage like your frame or alignment is now screwy, that indeed is depreciated in my book, but also harder to show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back