tcw3 leaving soot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using 1oz of tcw3 per 5 gallons of gas. I have noticed a thin layer of black soot in and around my tail pipe. My question is, is it the tcw3 leaving this soot or is it cleaning something that was already there that I couldn't see. The car runs as well as it always has. I have an emissions test next week and an starting to become paranoid If I'm hurting something. Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. (Tcw3 as in 2 cycle engine oil)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
Use plain gas, maybe some Techron once and awhile as per label. Leave the TC-W3 for 2 cycle and diesel fuel.
good idea. I don't know why I feel the need to run anything in the fuel. My prior Nissans never got any kind of fuel supplement and I ran both of them 200K+ each.

I'm starting to wonder if a 4 cycle water cooled automotive engine uses 2 cycle engine oil correctly. I know that chain saw,weedwacker 2 cycle oil is made to stand up to much higher temps than tcw3 which is meant for lower temp outboard motors. Does anybody know the combustion temp of your average chain saw?

Some cars are just sooty, my 2007 focus looked brand new after 3 years, my 2015 forester looked like flat black spray paint at less than 3000miles.

2008 Honda accord also looks black and sooty.

2011 Forester looked black and sooty.

Depends on the car and tuning.

If you dont remember how it looked before.. dont blame the TCW3

Reactions: a5m
Must keep in mind how lean or rich the mixture is. an overly rich mixture will not completely burn up in the engine or cat so leaves the pipe sooty ...even in absence of TCW3. An out of spec O2 sensor in closed loop can throw the mix way off. Newer cars have self diagnostic to test for bad sensors.
How may of those little Honda's have you seen the kids put a "Power Chip" in that billows black smoke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back