The New Blackfire Midnight Sun spray wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the old version (was in a metal spray CAN) and hated it. left white residue everywhere and was a PITA to work with.
Probably why they updated it ?

(Have started using Optimum Spray Wax and been very happy with it so far)

Last edited:
Click on the link above and see who wrote it. I realize they need to promote their products but judging by the person that wrote this I respect the review and the outcome. Mike does not give away such rave reviews without merit. He is my friend and if he likes a product this much it is indeed superior. Now for the price? That is a bit stout for me but I believe him without question.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
These spray waxes all seem like a water with a little lube in them. Not impressed with any of them or the detailers.

Seriously? What have you used? I can tell you that there are several highly regarded spray waxes out there: Optimum, DG Aquawax, and Meg's UQW/D156. Personally, I use D156. There is NO doubt that it adds a significant level of gloss, slickness, as well as some protection.

To say all are water with lube seems really extreme.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
These spray waxes all seem like a water with a little lube in them. Not impressed with any of them or the detailers.

Seriously? What have you used? I can tell you that there are several highly regarded spray waxes out there: Optimum, DG Aquawax, and Meg's UQW/D156. Personally, I use D156. There is NO doubt that it adds a significant level of gloss, slickness, as well as some protection.

To say all are water with lube seems really extreme.

I concur....what started out as an excellent "refresh" in-between waxes......are heading in the direction of a stand alone product. I would argue that some are already there.
The wax companies are really putting some R&D into spray waxes. I think you will see some impressive longevity and bling factor out of a spray wax.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Click on the link above and see who wrote it. I realize they need to promote their products but judging by the person that wrote this I respect the review and the outcome. Mike does not give away such rave reviews without merit. He is my friend and if he likes a product this much it is indeed superior. Now for the price? That is a bit stout for me but I believe him without question.

Without a doubt, Mike has contributed a lot to the detailing community. But as a supplier or "representative" for nearly every brand on the market, he is not in a position to provide critical, unbiased feedback on a single product.

When was the last time that you heard him say that a product sucked?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic
RTexasF said:
wink.gif

Mike is always a statesman. In many aspects, I am sure he can get better results out of some products that I had issues with. It is not like he worked for a detailing product supplier, got dumped, and then all of sudden did not like their products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: RTexasF

Without a doubt, Mike has contributed a lot to the detailing community. But as a supplier or "representative" for nearly every brand on the market, he is not in a position to provide critical, unbiased feedback on a single product.

wink.gif

I do agree Critic but if you read between the lines this particular product was one he was enamored with. I have read hundreds of his comments/reviews and this particular one was a rave review in my opinion. It is way too expensive for me so I will not try it but I respect the way he reviewed it.

I agree with you that he cannot $hit on a vendor even if their product is inferior. That in itself is a shame but this review is quite different if you take the time to read it closely.

My remaining gallon of Optimum Spray Wax will do just fine but this one is tempting.

Then you have been buying garbage or using then incorrectly. There are actual spray waxes that contain carnuaba and there are those with wax only in the name but none in the content. You must educate yourself as to the contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back