Change oil type on E85 and water/meth injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to convert my car over to E85 and water/methanol injection. It is a supercharged 2.0L DOHC with a 6 quart sump. Living in central KY, so the weather does get cold. For now, drive to work is about 4 miles, and the car doesn't get up to temp for long in the winter. E85 will be most likely "harder" on the oil and my driving cycle. Currently use 5w30 conventional at 3K miles (AutoRX) and not having the car long enough to extend. I am wondering if moving to Rotella T 5w40 would be better for the car, or adding a quart or two to the normal 5w30 fill.

I have burned a lot of E85 in my FX4 and TBT the UOAs do not show any differences between E85 and E10.

Need, no need. Timing it based on IATs after the WAIC. E85 will reduce knocking and temps in the CC, but do nothing for the IATs. Water meth will clean things up a bit, allow for more timing, and I already have 7 kits at the house, so it was as easy as buying a Cobalt SS/SC washer tank and installing it.

What kind of car is this? What is the delta between e85 vs e10 premium locally? here e85 is more expensive then e10 87. I have a flex-fuel car and there is just not a cost effective reason for me to use e85.

$2.10 for E85, $2.90 for 93. Car is a Saturn Ion Redline. 2.0L engine with M62 roots style SC at 16 psi. Boost will be a little higher after the tune and pulley swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back