New tires for my Caddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since nobody actually makes a 15" performance tire anymore and I wore out my last set of CHP Eagles, I finally had to do it: swap to 17" wheels--AR Torq-Thrusts and 255/50R17 tires. Blarg.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Per my wife's wishes, I will not post any photos of myself or my vehicles.

Good for you.

I also do not post up pics or extensive info on my driveway. Not intended to offend, just a privacy thing...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Good for you.

I also do not post up pics or extensive info on my driveway. Not intended to offend, just a privacy thing...

While I agree you have your choice to do that, next time I visit Americas baking tray, I'm gonna keep an eye out for a SRT8 Dodge who's owner responds to "Nice SRT8 Steve"

You've already let too much info out, info you can't take back.

Internet privacy..... YMMV

Not even a photo of the car? I could understand not sharing your face or license plate. The Intertubes is a scary place. No matter, I found a likeness to give us an idea of what it looks like.

BZtzXC1.jpg

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Good for you.

While I agree you have your choice to do that, next time I visit Americas baking tray, I'm gonna keep an eye out for a SRT8 Dodge who's owner responds to "Nice SRT8 Steve"

You've already let too much info out, info you can't take back.

Internet privacy..... YMMV

Well, you'll never find me that way as my car is a Chrysler! But seriously, I'm not hiding...

62907d1236164485-ar-torq-thrust-ii-wheels-s197-mustang-side-shot1.jpg

...not a bad looking set of wheels

And if you would like to share, may I suggest the anonymous photo style
For reference

ar-torq-thrust-d-chrome-chevy-corvette.jpg

Only thing TireRack has in that size are Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's in a W speed rating
Hankook and Nitto have an option or two in that size, but not much choice

I'm surprised you waited to upgrade the tires...15" tires aren't much for a big, torquey engine like your 542...it must have spun them easily!

Not too bad with 2.73 gears...but it will spin ANYTHING (including drag radials) easily.

The handling is better...way better than the Cooper Cobras I had used...though not as big an improvement as I expected over the CHP Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back