Amazon site going at snails pace for anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last day or three it seems the Amazon site is getting stuck. I can open another window and click a bookmark and it will appear quick as normal, but Amazon's site will still be stalled trying to load.

Clicking refresh might allow it to come in, but often not.

Anybody else getting this?

I've been having issues with Amazon's site using Firefox as of late. It slows down everything to a crawl. Apparently it's a known issue if you google it. Not sure if it's actually Firefox itself or one of the add-ons. Sadly, I now have to use Chrome to browse Amazon.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I've been having issues with Amazon's site using Firefox as of late. It slows down everything to a crawl. Apparently it's a known issue if you google it. Not sure if it's actually Firefox itself or one of the add-ons. Sadly, I now have to use Chrome to browse Amazon.
frown.gif

I had problem with FF and Amazon as well.

Go to FF website and click Refresh, it might work better.
However, this will reset some of your history, etc.

Never had a problem, and use the site daily, on FF, also for movie streaming. Always very fast to load and navigate.

Will post if I notice anything.

Originally Posted By: kb27
Go to FF website and click Refresh, it might work better.
However, this will reset some of your history, etc.

"Refresh" simply reloads the page (like when you have a BITOG thread open and want to see if there have been any new posts since you opened the page. Clicking Refresh will load those new posts). It ought not mess with your history, etc.

Just got off Amazon before checking into BITOG. Using Firefox 38.0.5 its running fine. No problems on Chrome also as I just downloaded Chrome to check it out.
Don't know if I like Chrome, yet. Used to the the regular Firefox how the favorite tabs etc. are set up I guess.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight
The last day or three it seems the Amazon site is getting stuck. I can open another window and click a bookmark and it will appear quick as normal, but Amazon's site will still be stalled trying to load.

Clicking refresh might allow it to come in, but often not.

Anybody else getting this?

Try doing a Disc Cleanup and Cookies Cleanup.

Thanks, I've been using Chrome, and I use Ccleaner every internet log off.

I also use Adblocker, as advertisements/ pop ups fill me with a dangerous contempt for everything.

I'll try deactivating it the next time Amazon freezes.

I'm gonna run malwarebytes now. I like browsing Amazon for this and that, and not having to plug in card numbers on every purchase, but when it locks up, well, I have no tolerance for that. This is a recent behavior and i am intolerant of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back