hm oil additives ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there effective and non harmful HM oil additives similar to maxlife ATF additive that can be used with any oil of choice?

confused2.gif

I'm guessing your referring to the additive alone not the oil and the ability to add this additive to any oil of choice?

If so as far as I know no. Mobil, Valvoline, Pennzoil all spend millions developing their oils blend. The odds that you will make something yourself that is better is highly unlikely.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Liqui-moly motor oil saver. Napa carries it.

It seems to work well in leaky vehicles. Other than that unless you're leaking or using oil there's no need for it though.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
ronp, Are you thinking of this?

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...4&ppt=C0207

Better read the fine print.

This is a seal conditioner.

Sorry, I had thought this post didn't go through so never responded.
I was curious of there was a high mileage additive for motor oil that I could add to my oil similar to how maxlife has a HM additive for transmissions. And if it was effective and not counterproductive in some way. I have a slight oil leak.

I've since bought some maxlife motor oil to try.

I like the idea of a HM oil additive to ad to my oil of choice.

Some others have mentioned lqui moly oil saver etc. I missed all these and just bought maxlife

Basically I have a good stash of non hm oil. I was wanting to be able to add something to help with seals

Last edited:
The leak might not be coming from your seals.
Take a 1/4" drive ratchet and snug up your oil
pan bolts..... but gently.
You don't "torque" on this bolts, just snug them up
if they are loose.

It's actually my valve cover gasket. I replaced a year ago but it still has a slight leak. I suppose I could snug those bolts a tad bit I torqued them to specification when I did the job bit who knows

I would consider Schaffer's #132 a good HM additive. If you have a high mileage vehicle with some leaks, maybe a little low on compression I'd say its worth a try.

Originally Posted By: ronp
It's actually my valve cover gasket. I replaced a year ago but it still has a slight leak. I suppose I could snug those bolts a tad bit I torqued them to specification when I did the job bit who knows

There is no such thing as a conversion fluid that will turn a regular PCMO into an HM oil.

What you have been shown so far are simply oil thickeners for smokers.

Originally Posted By: ronp

There is no such thing as a conversion fluid that will turn a regular PCMO into an HM oil.

What you have been shown so far are simply oil thickeners for smokers.

So if he added seal swell it wouldn't really be seal swell but an oil thickener?

Quote:
So if he added seal swell it wouldn't really be seal swell but an oil thickener?

Are you really asking a sincere question or just double palming?

A Seal swell by itself is not an oil thickener.

But https://gumout.com/high-mileage-oil-treatment/ IS a seal swell WITH an oil thickener.

Motor Honey, STP, and most other similar products similar are just oil thickeners.

The point is, there is no OTC "additive" for conversion.

Last edited:
Quote:

But https://gumout.com/high-mileage-oil-treatment/ IS a seal swell WITH an oil thickener.

Motor Honey, STP, and most other similar products similar are just oil thickeners.

Palming is a technique for holding or concealing an object in the palm of the hand. It is used frequently by magicians to conceal the presence of a card, coin, or other object. When it is done skillfully, the hand containing the palmed object appears to be completely empty.
That's Wikipedia's definition of palming. So no I'm not in to magic tricks. Sorry if that's disappointing for you.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
Quote:

Palming is a technique for holding or concealing an object in the palm of the hand. It is used frequently by magicians to conceal the presence of a card, coin, or other object. When it is done skillfully, the hand containing the palmed object appears to be completely empty.
That's Wikipedia's definition of palming. So no I'm not in to magic tricks. Sorry if that's disappointing for you.

I think he means this:

Thanks Trajan, but I think he's just messin' with everyone by trying to be cute and flippant.

He never did say if his question was sincere or flippant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back