Tahoe fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Donald

Does your wife ever run out of gas? You can get low, but don't run out of gas in a GM vehicle.
More than once. More like once a month. I have ordered a delphi from rock auto

Best to only run out of gas in a GM vehicle in MN in January. Should be cold enough then that the pump will not overheat even if it runs out of fuel.

never let the gas get below 1/4 ...the fuel cools the pump. Teenagers are notorious for running on empty and putting $5.00 in at a time.

In my 02 Silverado, I got the correct part number from a friend that works at a Chevy dealership parts department by giving him my VIN, then I go mine from Amazon for $120, Rock Auto is another source. Mine is a Delco. At least I was able to take my bed off, you have to drop the tank. No fun. My original one went out at 140k miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rat407
In my 02 Silverado, I got the correct part number from a friend that works at a Chevy dealership parts department by giving him my VIN, then I go mine from Amazon for $120, Rock Auto is another source. Mine is a Delco. At least I was able to take my bed off, you have to drop the tank. No fun. My original one went out at 140k miles.

Mine died at 77k... I believe short tripping if for 14 years had an effect.

I would like to contribute a Airtex story. The original pump in my 95 accord died around 350,000 miles. I replaced it with an Airtex. The Airtex pump died in the middle of a snow storm after I gunned it up a hill this winter. A little over 30000 miles, but a few years old. It was well out of warranty but I managed to get Advance Auto issue a free replacement, a much more expensive Bosch unit ($250 pump). Don't even ask how I pulled that off. Now it sounds like I'm about to start a plane up when I turn the key on.

Also, I cut the trunk floor and peeled it back so I didn't have to drop the tank. (too rusty).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back