2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Eneos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to switch, not sure what my car came with from the assembly line (ow20 full synthetic) but it had sat on the lot with this oil for a year, I put 492 miles on the clock before changing it to mobile 1 economy full synthetic from walmart with a napa gold filter. The next 2 oil changes have been done every 3400 miles as recommended severe OCI, I will extend to 5k (oci 7500) during the summer months, dealership uses Castrol Edge Full synthetic 0w20. I plan to switch to eneos 0w20 soon from my local Napa, it is cheap 28.00 1 gallon and I think it is close to the best I can buy. Is there any better oil I can get for this price? Is anyone using eneos?http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Motor-Oil-Eneos-Fully-Synthetic-0W20-1-Gal-3-765L-/_/R-AOR3230310_0466858901

I think that Mobil 1 0w20 is just as good as (if not better than) Eneos. It's also far more readily available and cheaper too.

I also just bought this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201371504005?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I read in a lot of applications mostly racing that mobile 1 does not hold up as well as redline or eneos. Everyone says pick redline over eneos but I can't find redline for a affordable price, the eneos locally is $28 gallon at Napa vs Mobile 1 $24 at Walmart.

Maybe if I can find redline for a little cheaper I'll go for it? Is there any other 0w20 oils recommended besides the regular walamrt shelf brands and RP

Not to say anything bad about Eneos, but what is Eneos going to do that Mobil 1 cannot in the same viscosity? They have pretty much the same target market and specifications. Now, the Red Line will likely have a higher HTHS and is a significantly different oil, but it's also not the SN/GF-5 preferred by most out of warranty concerns.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I think that Mobil 1 0w20 is just as good as (if not better than) Eneos. It's also far more readily available and cheaper too.

Yes, the Eneos made Sustina 0W-20 is their premium oil, and all but IMPOSSIBLE to find (I know this from experience
frown.gif
).

Their regular 0W-20 is good, but nothing to write home about, and IMHO a lesser oil than M1 0W-20 EP.
wink.gif

I found sustina for 82.00 6 quarts shipped, that sound about right? My naps said they can get sustina 0w20 and there's a Napa that has it about 24 miles away $12.99+6%

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alex16
I found sustina for 82.00 6 quarts shipped, that sound about right? My naps said they can get sustina 0w20 and there's a Napa that has it about 24 miles away $12.99+6%

It sounds about $60 high to me. Just go to Walmart and buy any 0W-20 they have on the shelf. Your Mirage will be more than happy with that.

I plan to switch to eneos 0w20 soon from my local Napa,

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Your Mirage couldn't care less.

I agree with the two previous posters. You will find just as good if not better 0W-20 at Walmart with M1, Castrol, Pennzoil, Valvoline and sometimes RP. Eneos is a good product but not even the Sustina is worth that high of an extra cost over the mainstream brands.

My mirage only requires 3 quarts of oil so spending $13.70 per quart Eneos sustina and $13 for a m1 filter puts me at $54 when the dealership charges $59 for a full synthetic castrol gtx/Mitsubishi filter oil change

I might try a factory normal oci with sustina with oil analysis, think it would be better running the best stock filter (mobile 1 m1-110) and sustina to 7k miles (7500 factory normal oci) vs 3.5k mobile1 or base Eneos?

I agree with what others have said and have to feel you just might be overthinking this whole idea. My take is that you might find an oil that just straight up works better in that 3 cyl. engine. It might be something from Pennzoil or Castrol versus Eneos or a boutique oil where you're paying big money.

Personally, I'd use a synthetic oil but beyond that it might just take some experimentation or finding out what's worked for other owners. You might spend an additional $20 for the "best" oil to find out other oils seem to work better. I'd be more concerned about overfilling it than necessarily putting the "best" oil in it.

Nobody will know what works best in a mirage without trying the best.

This is coming from a guy that uses voodoo leather rejuvenator on his leather steering wheel and shift knob after parking his car in the garage when done driving.

Last edited:
I read in a lot of applications mostly racing that mobile 1 does not hold up as well as redline or eneos. Everyone says pick redline over eneos but I can't find redline for a affordable price, the eneos locally is $28 gallon at Napa vs Mobile 1 $24 at Walmart.

Maybe if I can find redline for a little cheaper I'll go for it? Is there any other 0w20 oils recommended besides the regular walamrt shelf brands and RP

1) Are you going to race your car?

2) M1 oils are used all over the world in racing engines. Some are specially blended oils in series like F1 and others like American La Mans often used off the shelf M1 oils, like M1 5-30 and M1 0-40.

3) Enos may be $28 a gal at NAPA, but M1 is around $24 for 5 qts at WM.

4) It's Mobil 1, not Mobile 1.

Last edited:

And how will you determine what works best?

Yes I am aware of the cost per quart difference. I don't race my car, 4k rpm pull up a 8% grade on the way to work for 1 mile. I want one of the best, the Eneos sustina seems like the best for Eco and thermal protection.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

No idea. Just going to do a oil analysis to the castrol edge and the Eneos. That's why I am here on these forums
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

No idea. Just going to do a oil analysis to the castrol edge and the Eneos. That's why I am here on these forums
smile.gif

Sorry, but UOAs will not tell you what is the best oil. Engine tear might tell you something, but you are not going to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back