How to clean spark plugs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I thought being overfilled was overrated?

It is, but being that the mower has a total capacity of only 22 ounces, I guess it's more sensitive than the Buick.
grin2.gif

Remove plugs and go to the local lake. Throw them in. If they float to the top, put them back in.

If not... well, just replace them with new plugs.

You could cheat and just get new plugs. For some vehicles I'd never clean the plugs and just install new ones because of the difficulty in getting to them.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I thought being overfilled was overrated?

It is, but being that the mower has a total capacity of only 22 ounces, I guess it's more sensitive than the Buick.
grin2.gif

Yeah a extra three quarters quart is likely over full...

Which isn't something I'll ever understand, my mower is maybe at 4/5 full on stick and has been for a couple years... No issue at all, one of these days I'll change it...

Originally Posted By: ET16
I cleaned the plugs on my Saab last week with alcohol and an old toothbrush.
Did you use vodka?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The one thing I didn't tell you guys is that I was enquiring about spark plug cleaning for my mower. The other day I overfilled the mower by a few ounces and when I went to start it up, it smoked for a few minutes and then it spit raw engine oil out the exhaust pipe.
laugh.gif

Your exhaust is next to the spark plug?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: ET16
I cleaned the plugs on my Saab last week with alcohol and an old toothbrush.
Did you use vodka?

That's how I brush my teeth....well, if there's no water available what're ya gonna do? I'm going to India soon and that's a plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back