amatuzio retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb

finally browsing my june dealer magazine and Al announcing he's "turning control of the company over to dean alexander and alan amatuzio." Al remains on as chairman.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: Rand
link or is this supposed to be insider news?

If it was I suppose it is not anymore lol

I suppose I could google it if I cared.

Wow, been a dealer since 1995. Wondered when it would happen. Great visionary pushing the envelope of synthetic lubricant science. When all the other companies poo pooed the idea of synthetic oil, he kept on keeping on.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Wow, been a dealer since 1995. Wondered when it would happen. Great visionary pushing the envelope of synthetic lubricant science. When all the other companies poo pooed the idea of synthetic oil, he kept on keeping on.

Which other companies were these? Certainly wasn't ExxonMobil (Mobil at the time) or the others who were, during that period, making synthetic turbine oil that was the basis for his inspiration to try this in automotive applications
wink.gif

That said, his idea was brilliantly simple as well as marketable and it served him well as did his dedication to producing and distributing top-shelf products.

He certainly made a good chunk of change building the company. Mobil was the only major for about 10, or so years. Then Pennzoil, Castrol etc decided it was looking to be profitable after all.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
He certainly made a good chunk of change building the company. Mobil was the only major for about 10, or so years. Then Pennzoil, Castrol etc decided it was looking to be profitable after all.

Hatco was I believe another that did the jet turbine oil thing. There were a few that weren't "majors" in terms of brands that we'd recognize but were well known in aviation circles from what I recall reading, which was where he got the idea
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Hatco was I believe another that did the jet turbine oil thing. There were a few that weren't "majors" in terms of brands that we'd recognize but were well known in aviation circles from what I recall reading, which was where he got the idea
smile.gif

Esso (Exxon) and Mobil were the pioneers in the jet turbine oil field. The first synthetic there was EEL Oil 1 (Esso Engineering Labs) based on a diester (Dioctyl Sebacate) supplied by Hatco back in the early 1950s. The jet turbine oil market converted to polyol esters in 1963 and remains there. When I left eight years ago, Hatco was still the largest manufacturer of polyol esters for jet engine oils.

Amatuzio pioneered synthetics into automotive applications beginning in 1972. Others experimented and developed before him, but he was the first to successfully market the products.

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

smile.gif

Esso (Exxon) and Mobil were the pioneers in the jet turbine oil field. The first synthetic there was EEL Oil 1 (Esso Engineering Labs) based on a diester (Dioctyl Sebacate) supplied by Hatco back in the early 1950s. The jet turbine oil market converted to polyol esters in 1963 and remains there. When I left eight years ago, Hatco was still the largest manufacturer of polyol esters for jet engine oils.

Amatuzio pioneered synthetics into automotive applications beginning in 1972. Others experimented and developed before him, but he was the first to successfully market the products.

Tom NJ

Thanks for weighing in Tom
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back