Good Deal on Mossberg 930

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up I came across this on buds today. Its the turkey version with the pistol grip stock. I plan on putting a regular stock on mine and using it as a short barreled skeet gun. The pistol grip stocks are selling for $60ish bucks on Ebay so I'll just sell mine there. The camo version is $650 and this is $120 cheaper than any other 930 I've seen.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411540237/Mossberg+85265+930PGT+4%2B1+3%22+12ga+24%22

I don't like the stock but its hard to beat that 930 for $350...in fact you can't get a auto loader that good for that $$$
crazy.gif

Better buy in now cause the 'mass' shooting that took place yesterday will surely cause a rise in the price. It took Dear Leader just a few hours to weave the words 'gun control' ino a speech. Never let a tragedy go to waste.

I've heard the Mossbergs don't hold up anywhere near as well as the Remingtons do though. I guess it depends on how much you're going to use it?

Ed

Originally Posted By: FastGame
I don't like the stock...................

I agree. I don't know why Mossberg insists on putting those butt ugly club foot stocks on their shotguns?

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
I've heard the Mossbergs don't hold up anywhere near as well as the Remingtons do though. I guess it depends on how much you're going to use it?

Ed

The big problem with Mossbergs versus a Remington is parts availability long term. In the time that Remington has had the 1100 in production there have been about half a dozen Mossberg semi autos that have come and gone. You can still get parts for the 1100...not so easy for the Mossbergs.

The 930 seems to be a very durable gun....but you are right that a few of the past Mossy semi autos were not the most durable.

Originally Posted By: billt460

I agree. I don't know why Mossberg insists on putting those butt ugly club foot stocks on their shotguns?

Its not just Mossberg.. Lots of companies put them on their designated turkey models and 'tactical' shotguns.. They don't do anything for me either but no big deal to find a normal stock to put on it.

Originally Posted By: billt460

That is a turkey gun. Designed specifically for turkey magnum loads. Turkey magnum loads are the most brutal recoiling shotgun loads you can shoot. Hence the reason it has a pistol grip, which helps with recoil. I agree the stock is ugly, but it would be a good option for heavy recoiling gun.

At around $350, that is a SOLID buy. I'd buy one myself if I didn't already have a Benelli.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

Ed

The big problem with Mossbergs versus a Remington is parts availability long term. In the time that Remington has had the 1100 in production there have been about half a dozen Mossberg semi autos that have come and gone. You can still get parts for the 1100...not so easy for the Mossbergs.

The 930 seems to be a very durable gun....but you are right that a few of the past Mossy semi autos were not the most durable.

The 930 seems to be a proven design, people are using them in skeet, trap and sporting clays and they are holding up according to reports I've seen. It's not in the same league as Rem 1100 but IMO could hold it's own with the Rem 11-87. The 930 is a soft shooting gun, softer than my Beretta's.

I agree the past Mossberg auto's weren't that good but if they stick with this gun it's a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back