Fuchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that the following might be of interest.
A quote from Lube Report:

"Fuchs Petrolub SE announced Monday that it has acquired Deutsche Pentosin-Werke GmbH, a privately owned blender with extensive ties to the auto industry."

As this becomes clearer it might be interesting to see the effect on various product lines that we often discuss.

Last edited:
Hello, In my limited experience Pentosin was the source for Central Hydraulic Fluid (Power Steering fluids) and their line of coolants.
FUCHS (pronounced FUKS-like FOO with a KS at the end, one syllable- the German word for FOX) is a name I've only seen on oil. Kira

Pentosin produce CHFs and coolants as you say, but also brake fluids, ATF and DCT fluids, gear oils, and motor oils. They are not so well known in the USA but are very well known in Europe.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Think they will cost any less because of the acquisition?

Less in today's prices no, less in "2020" prices, yes. It really depends who runs this, is it their intention to take market share and to create premier products with value, or is it for a quick buck, American style.

Case in point: Southwire.

Southwire Co, one of the biggest U.S. electrical wire and cable makers, had agreed to buy smaller U.S. rival Coleman Cable Inc.

What happened, less competition in the market, the pay scale at Coleman plants was lower, Southwire also has excess capacity, so Southwire plants did massive layoffs, 80% of plant workforce. Less people working, less competition, and more profits....yeah.

Last edited:
My concern is that Pentosin produced good products and I am just wondering what is going to happen to them as a result of this takeover.

Fuks....LoL
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back