Coolant for 98 Dodge Caravan 3.8 AWD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the above vehicle.

I'd like to know if 50/50 Peak Global Lifetime/Distilled Water is appropriate for this vehicle.

I have a few jugs and have used it on my other vehicles with great results due to the advice I have received here over the years.

Just wasn't sure if it was a good choice for this particular vehicle.

The service manual specifies "ethylene glycol" as the coolant type with 50 percent distilled water.

Would Peak Global Lifetime be a good choice?

Thanks

Last edited:
Peak Global is a fine coolant for this vehicle. Peak Global is not easy to find however.

But Zerex G-05 is probably better since it probably came with G-05 from the factory.

I would not use it because you're dealing with 50/50 mixture of a different coolant which requires a flush of the old stuff to get pure water in the system and with residual water you want concentrate to 50% system total capacity which you can't easily achieve with pre mix.

Get some Zerex G05 or Motorcraft gold concentrate imho or find a universal in concentrate form.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Peak Global is a fine coolant for this vehicle. Peak Global is not easy to find however.

But Zerex G-05 is probably better since it probably came with G-05 from the factory.
Chrysler didn't use go5 till the 02 model year.it was specd for old school green

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Donald
Chrysler didn't use go5 till the 02 model year.it was specd for old school green

G-05 started with year 2000. I just used 5yr/100,000 from W/M in all my pre- 2000 mopars. I bought a 94 Dodge Grand Caravan in 04. Apparently it had a dex-cool type AF in it, when the water pump failed, it ended up with a lot of brown mud in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back