Kumho Sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moto94536
You can get general altimax rt43 for 64.44 from tirerack...

which with shipping is near 75$ each or 40% more?

My sister has kumho sense on her car.. good value tires.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Everything else around that price seems to be some unheard of Chinese brand.

You could try increasing your budget and get some decent tires instead. Many manufacturers still make tires in the US. Michelin, Yokohama, General, Dunlop still do, but it depends on the actual tire size.

If they weren't for a beater car, I would have been looking at a higher price range. I'm not spending more on tires than I did on the car itself. I did end up getting US made tires that fit my needs perfectly for even less than the Kumhos.

From personal experience, I have had excellent service from Kumho tires. Kumho tires made in South Korea are a good middle grade tire. The offer excellent wet grip here in FL but, a fairly short life tire. I'd be interested in the link that shows Kumho tires are made in China. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
From personal experience, I have had excellent service from Kumho tires. Kumho tires made in South Korea are a good middle grade tire. The offer excellent wet grip here in FL but, a fairly short life tire. I'd be interested in the link that shows Kumho tires are made in China. Ed

Some Kumhos are indeed Chinese. You can look them up on Tire Rack, and clock the specs tab. The last column has the country of origin.

The PA31 is made in China
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: Eddie

Some Kumhos are indeed Chinese. You can look them up on Tire Rack, and clock the specs tab. The last column has the country of origin.

The PA31 is made in China
frown.gif

Kumho is opening a plant in Georgia next year that will supposedly produce almost half of their tires sold in North America. That's a good move for them. The PA31 has gotten some good reviews and is 'recommended' by TR for whatever that's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back