Cars they should make:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the market could use a full size station wagon. It seems the only options for full size people movers are mini-vans or cross overs. A front wheel drive full sized station wagon could probably be made lighter and much more fuel efficient.

I also think a full sized Ranchero/el Camino type vehicle should be offered. It could be offered in FWD or AWD. A single guy/girl who needs to move things on occasion, doesnt need the passenger room, and wants fuel economy would benefit from such a vehicle.

Think something likevthis would ever hit the market?

I would like a car with a dashboard that popped out with no tools for easy replacement and more important so you could get at everything behind it.

A few years ago I had to spend all day replacing a simple heater control valve. Besides the cuts and bruises it was frustrating and not necessary if the car were properly designed.

Make it a diesel, manual shift, station wagon but call it a "sport wagon" like they do in Europe.

What you describe is very popular in Europe or at least in Germany where I was a few months ago but with RWD.

Other than the stigma, mini-vans are pretty nice and comfy inside.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Bring back the Magnum SRT8!

Agreed. It was 300 pounds less than the charger and room to get groceries on the way to the track.

Wasn't there also a Cadillac station wagon that sort've looked like the Magnum? I saw a late 70s/early 80s vintage Oldsmobile Delta 88 station wagon recently. Thing was in MINT condition!

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Make it a diesel, manual shift, station wagon but call it a "sport wagon" like they do in Europe.

What you describe is very popular in Europe or at least in Germany where I was a few months ago but with RWD.

Other than the stigma, mini-vans are pretty nice and comfy inside.
They already have a Jetta station wagon TDI.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Wasn't there also a Cadillac station wagon that sort've looked like the Magnum? I saw a late 70s/early 80s vintage Oldsmobile Delta 88 station wagon recently. Thing was in MINT condition!

The CTS-V came in a wagon!

d3-cadillac-cts-v-wagon-front-three-quarter-burn-out.jpg

Mercedes still makes cars in a wagon, they're either AWD or RWD. The early 2000 to mid 2000 can go for 10-15k. A rare one would be the E55 AMG wagons, they didn't make that many of them and they tend to go for more than the sedans whereas the regular wagons go for less than sedans although when they were sold, they were priced higher than sedans. Just supply and demand. The SUV's and minivans are the station wagon replacements.

I consider these modern day station wagons

Jetta Wagon
2mfazbk.jpg

Buick Encore
333bwnn.jpg

Toyota Venza
spkrk5.jpg

Honda Crosstour
10o2n4n.jpg

Subaru Outback
2hnq1ig.jpg

Originally Posted By: otis24
...I also think a full sized Ranchero/el Camino type vehicle should be offered. It could be offered in FWD or AWD. A single guy/girl who needs to move things on occasion, doesnt need the passenger room, and wants fuel economy would benefit from such a vehicle.

Think something likevthis would ever hit the market?

I'd like to see a compact pick-up available. I had an '83 Plymouth Scamp (actually two) in the past. They were the Plymouth version of the Dodge Rampage, the Omni / Horizon based pick-up. They were fun little vehicles and could haul some cargo when needed. Unfortunately, the sales weren't stellar and they stopped offering them after several years. I still misss that vehicle.

A full size wagon will not sell. Neither will an El Camino. If the market was there, somebody would make them.

Originally Posted By: whip
A full size wagon will not sell. Neither will an El Camino. If the market was there, somebody would make them.

Agreed. The full size station wagon has been replaced by not only the SUV, but also the mini van. Both are far more capable and suited to the American lifestyle than a full size station wagon.

There's really no reason for an El Camino/Ranchero style vehicle-pickups and minivans have filled that void and are again, far more versatile and suited to the American lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back