Homemade pizza on pizza stone anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have some Pampered Chef cookware and last night made a pizza with no sauce on the pizza stone. Delicious I say. Any of you folks do this and have any all time favorite pizza specialties/ recipes?

I sometimes make pizza with pesto. Also, if I have not had the time to make the dough with yeast, I do a variation of "soda bread" dough.

BGallagher: glad I made your dinner choice easier
wink.gif

Once in a while, I like to crack an egg or two on top of a pizza a few minutes before it's finished. Can even switch to the broiler setting.

Last edited:
bread, cookies, calzone, pizza are all great on the stone. Best investment I've ever made. I'll have to try the egg thing, it sounds so weird, it should work.

Egg baked in an oven comes out creamier, the white is especially different. Need to be careful to not set the yellow. Broiling seems to help there.

Parmesan and Spinach work with egg. As does ham or prosciutto. Pepperoni also.

Have the exact same Pampered Chef pizza stone. So far though, only Papa Murphy's take-and-bake pizza's on it. Makes them good though.

I used to do this quite a bit. Problem was getting the oven + stone hot enough. I can barely get 500°F and pre-heating to such really heats up the kitchen during the hot Summer. Indoors I'm also partial to a thick-crust pizza in the oven, baked in a cast-iron skillet.

I've been tempted to try grilled pizza as it cooks faster and doesn't heat up the kitchen. I've seen it grilled straight on the grille grate, no stone.

Alas, my stone cracked in half and I've yet to purchase another.

I have done the grilled pizza on my Webber grille. Turned out awesome. Also used a co-workers coal fired oven and the crust was perfect; lil' black on bottom and it was a "white pizza". Delicious. My Pampered Chef pizza stones are holding up wonderfully so far

Originally Posted By: car51
I have done the grilled pizza on my Webber grille. Turned out awesome. Also used a co-workers coal fired oven and the crust was perfect; lil' black on bottom and it was a "white pizza". Delicious. My Pampered Chef pizza stones are holding up wonderfully so far

Weber makes a excellent pizza glad it turned out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back