are all dealers bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife wakes up this morning to take the focus in and since our relationship wasn't excellent with where we bought it she went to the next closest dealer. Well they'd look at the car but would not give her a ride home she had the kids with her and being in a waiting toom all day with them would be miserable . They are 14 miles away from our house and said that was to far . So she decided to try where we bought the car from which is 7 miles away. They refused to even work on the car and will not work with us becsuse last time when they denied me a rental car and the service advisor told me to call ford becsuse theyd authorize one. I called them and that left a bad mark on their record so because of that they will not honor my warranty there or anything. I even called the service manager and told him if he woule take the car in and give my wife a ride home id give him a good review and we can start fresh but he still denied doing anything. Mind you when the previous manager was there they were great to deal with but since the new guy took over its absolutely awful. And just to say it the car has been in the shop 8 times in 14,000 miles

Now I know why I will never,ever buy a new vehicle ever again.Not only are they overpriced,overhyped,over complicated,overly recall/trouble prone,but a great source of frustration from a servicing standpoint.And lets not mention resale values...

Originally Posted By: ram_man
And just to say it the car has been in the shop 8 times in 14,000 miles

Keep all the documentation. Make sure that any future service documentation specifies if the complaint is a repeat of something that was previously fixed.

You need to prepare for using the Lemon Law.

In the meantime, contact Ford corporate (escalate firmly if required), and tell them a dealer is refusing to perform warranty repairs. Outline your experience with their attitude and insist that they intervene.

I hate Ford dealers, personally-ever since they had the big shakeout when GM & Chrysler went bankrupt, the remaining ones are either useless, too busy to get to anything in a timely fashion, or BOTH. The Ford dealers, IMHO, are the worst thing about owning a new one.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I hate Ford dealers, personally-ever since they had the big shakeout when GM & Chrysler went bankrupt, the remaining ones are either useless, too busy to get to anything in a timely fashion, or BOTH. The Ford dealers, IMHO, are the worst thing about owning a new one.

Yep absolutely useless dealers.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Is it even legal for a factory authorized location to deny factory warranty work?

+1

Id draft a well-worded letter stating your disappointment, and have it sent from you AND your wife. Have your wife tell of the issues with taking the car with the kids there...

The only thing I can think of is that the OP is labeled by the dealer and/or ford as being too needy given the number of claims and so since there is no lemon law claim yet, given the number of other claims, they have written him off. If he can't/won't hire a lawyer to do a lemon law case and change the car, then they have nothing to lose.

In California, if your car is in a dealership 3 times for the same problem and it is a potential safety hazard, you probably have a claim for a lemon law case. You may want to check your state laws to see if this is applicable to you.

The two dealers I go to are uniformly excellent- and hearing stories like these make me extremely reluctant to change brands...

No, not all dealers are bad.

My daughter took her Accord in for free oil change, service advisor tried hard to get her to change engine and cabin air filter for more than $100. She called and I told her to decline the service because I already bought the filters.

She told me the service advisor was rude in telling her that her car need those filter immediately, and Honda engineers know what they are doing and if those filters don't get changed on that day the remaining warranty may be void.

She gave the dealer bad review when Honda corporate called about her experience with that dealer. Within 24 hours service manager at that dealer called her to apologize and promised nothing like that will happen again.

Lemon law it. Most states the law is if it goes into the dealer for the same problem 3 times and it effects the usability of the vehicle (A/C, transmission, electrical, etc.) then you can lemon law it. All you need to do is contact a lemon law attorney and they'll handle everything, Ford will pay attorney fees too.

I read up on it a lot a couple months ago, my aunt was going to lemon law her new VW if they didn't figure out the A/C on the 3rd try but they did.

No dealer is required to drive service customers back to their home or give to them free rental cars. Dealers like Lexus routinely provide free loaners for service customers but the cost of those loaners is built into the cost of service at Lexus. Dealers like Ford do not work with same profit margins or business model that are used by Lexus, Infinity, or MB. If you want free rides or loaners from the dealer make sure you buy the appropriate car brand that has that service (and its associated cost) as part of how they do business and loaners for service will be no problem at all. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cashmoney
No dealer is required to drive service customers back to their home or give to them free rental cars. Dealers like Lexus routinely provide free loaners for service customers but the cost of those loaners is built into the cost of service at Lexus. Dealers like Ford do not work with same profit margins or business model that are used by Lexus, Infinity, or MB. If you want free rides or loaners from the dealer make sure you buy the appropriate car brand that has that service (and its associated cost) as part of how they do business and loaners for service will be no problem at all. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

They offered rental and rides home before though... most dealers will do one or the other both the chevy and toyota dealer around here will give rides or a loaner no problem.

The car went in for ac issues 4 times but was fixed the 4th time. Otherwise i would have done the lemon law currently i dont think theres anything that i can....timing cover leaked now a strut mount is bad amd the hood had to be painted again

I wouldn't go back to a dealer that took 4 times to fix the A/C. That's a serious service issue. I don't care what the brand is. I have had only good experiences at Ford Dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back