How does Mitsubishi motors USA survive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I got my car, I would have gotten something other than a Mitsubishi if it had:
1. DSG transmission
2. Timing chain engine
3. Not FWD

That is because there are some thing Mitsubishi doesn't do well. For example, I would often find an Eclipse where the interior was falling apart more quickly than that of a Pontiac Grand Am!

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Didn't they have some insane loans and leases available? Like if a customer could walk into the dealer and say "Hi" they could finance them?

Yes. In the early/mid 2000s they had some kind of crazy financing deal. I don't know the specifics, but basically anyone with a pulse could get a Mitsubishi for little/no down payment and low initial payments, but there was deferred interest or something that would hit them at the end.

Yes, in the early 2000's they had a zero down, and no payments for a year deal. I remember hearing in the news that a lot of people were walking away from their Mitsubishi's because they were so upside down on them after just a couple of years or less.

Here is an article about the finance special back then. http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/09/automobiles/a-free-mitsubishi-no-not-quite.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back