Cars with a bad turning radius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the cars I've owned, my I35 takes the cake for worst turning radius. It's a common complaint with 5th (and 6th) gen Maximas. I thought I had made peace with it but driving in an unfamiliar part of downtown today made me want to pull my hair out. Short/ill timed traffic lights, along with narrow, congested streets really made me wish I was driving another car. U-turns entailed grazing curbs, reversing and doing this all before a parade of oncoming traffic headed my way. My Accord and Pilot turn on a dime while this land yacht requires at least 3 lanes for U-turns.

What're some other cars that have bad turning radii?

I bought a 1994 Dodge Dakota 4X4 new in December of 1993. Great little truck, but it had the turning radius of a blimp.

My 2015 Accord seems pretty darn wide. 39.6' circle, apparently.

I'm way more used to the 32.2' my wife's Corolla has and the 33.5' my Impreza had.

Had a '99 F250 Super Duty that turned worse than anything I've ever driven including some commercial vehicles.

My 2006 Accord can turn from the left turn lane into the left lane across the median with ease.

The Beetle does great. I could probably turn it around in the garage with the garage door closed (if I wanted to) but it would probably be a 500,000 point turn.

The worst I'd say was my dads 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, crew cab short bed, took a 7-9 point turn to park at Costco!

My inlaws have an 01 Camry and an 02 accord. The Camry is a boat, as bad as the super duty they have. The accord feels like a sports car compared to the Camry.

Worst I ever drove was a 2004 Maxima my parents had. The whole car was poorly designed and the turning radius was a perfect example of what a heap it was. Everyone that drove the car commented on the turning radius. Once I tried making a right at a tight intersection and had to make a three point turn!

my 1978 chevy k20. If i am driving up an aisle and there is a space in between 2 cars i just cant make it in. Plowing is also a little annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back