Thoughts on NAPA Ultra Premium brake parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good friend of mine is a very good ASE maser mechanic and offered to do the brake job on my Volvo XC70 no charge including parts(he owes me a favor)! The OEM rotors and pads lasted 110,000 miles which I feel is outstanding service life! My mechanic wants to use NAPA Ultra Premium Rotors and Adaptive One brake pads. He said he can use OEM parts but that the NAPA parts are much easier to warranty if needed and the quality is just as good or better. Just wondering your thoughts on the NAPA parts. Thanks!!!

I have used the Napa ultra premium rotors- been through 2 sets of pads and no vibrations;- they are beefy and the hats are painted. I the pads are awesome too.

Last edited:
Yes, I use several NAPA Ultra Premium pads & rotors.

They work well & warranty is a breeze if you need it.
thumbsup2.gif

I quite like Napa brake parts. When I do brakes I almost always end up with their stuff. I haven't had any qualms about using their premium line stuff... It works great.

Just got a replacement rotor / pad set (Napa Altrom Import line) on the front for the Fit. So far so good with easy break-in. They were under $100 overall.

I'd say comparable to OE, at least, if not perhaps equal. Hoping for long-term service with no warping and maybe I can turn the rotors with the next set of pads a few years from now.
thumbsup2.gif
:

I agree with Akebono pro act pads... I may well try the premium Napa rotors though .. Thanks to everyone here too for your information.. You all are very helpful and rock !

remember, these Volvo's are a heavy car that usually eats thru pads quicker than most cars. This is where the Napa warranty will help you

The Napa Adaptive One pads are a fine product (have used several sets on various applications) and the Ultra Premium rotors are Raybestos (actually made by BPI- Brake Parts Inc) and have a guaranteed "No turn warranty" where they're supposed to come new with .002" or less runout. They also have a nice coating on them too.

Just to pile on, my buddy who maintains a family fleet of Volvos always uses NAPA rotors and pads, and has zero problems with them.

I think your buddy has found a quality product with a good warranty, and it is best to let him use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back