Where can I buy bulk oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking about this earlier... My truck takes about 4 gallons of oil. I would change it about 2-3 times a year. I don't plan on getting rid of the trucm an time soon. So wouldn't it be better to buy the oil for my truck in bulk/drums?

How long would it last.

Last edited:
your truck requires 4gallons of oil to be changed several times a year?
wowsers.

I think any parts place get order it for you from the brands they carry; since this is going to be like an expensive purchase. Talk with whichever store you like the best.

Last edited:
Yeah. Most of the bulk drum prices I've found so far are same as the gallon prices. Not much savings there..

5 gallon pails seem to be pretty common and are much easier to handle than a 55 gallon drum. I like that idea even if the cost is a wash as I would get a reusable bucket rather than a lot of plastic garbage.

I buy Delvac 1 SHC 5W40 in 20L jugs from the local Mobil distributor. They don't charge extra for shipping or even home delivery, but my last order was $38 per gal (!!) and the truck takes 7.5 gal. But it is convenient having larger containers (I'd recommend 1 to 5 gal) in larger quantities. It should keep indefinitely unopened or if tightly shut.

Charlie

i think the other have the way to go. Start at mobil or shell or pennzoil or whatever oil you want to use's website, and use their find a distributor button to get list of distributors.

Likely there will be only a couple distributors in your area, and likely the distributor carries multiple brands

Last edited:
Our local Shell wholesaler can provide every thing from single quarts to tanker loads. One day while picking up several cases of Aeroshell w100 I saw a pallet of 4 55 gallon drums of oil being loaded on a flatbed. Often wondered where it went.

Here my Deere dealer offers Plus 50 for 11.50 per gallon in bulk and 14.xx per gallon in jugs (1,2.5, and 5 gallon containers), this is 15w-40. This is a significant savings if you're in need of this much oil.

Up until recently I bought all of my oil in drums, but now with extended intervals capable with USLD I don't see the advantage. I still have over 20 engines to maintain, and most I use HDEO in, it just seems simpler to grab a 2 1/2 gallon jug.

Amsoil can be ordered in drums, 30gal and 55gal. Significant savings over quart or gallon containers.

I get bulk drums, 30's and 55's, from Schaeffer Oil. No shipping charge to my place and my rep also makes sure they throw in free oil sample kits and analysis with the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back