How is Titanium Better than Castrol EDGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And would it be better for the track? I'm running 5W-30.

sWlEWP3.jpg

Castrol EDGE Titanium link:
Castrol EDGE Titanium Product Page

Last edited:
Do we know if the gold bottle contains MORE titanium than the less expensive black bottle?

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
Do we know if the gold bottle contains MORE titanium than the less expensive black bottle?

Good question.

Originally Posted By: LaszloToth
And would it be better for the track? I'm running 5W-30.

sWlEWP3.jpg

Castrol EDGE Titanium link:
Castrol EDGE Titanium Product Page

I wouldn't run 5W30 anything in your application unless it has an HTHS of 3.5 or higher, not matter what additives are in it. Did you switch from 5W50 to 5W30?

-Dennis

Last edited:
Brutal...5w30 for track use...and with a turbo.. I am hesitate to use it even for spirited street driving on a hot day with an NA engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jdavis
Switch that oil out and get something with an HTHS of 3.5 of higher like a few people have mentioned.

Don't want to name that "something"?

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: jdavis
Switch that oil out and get something with an HTHS of 3.5 of higher like a few people have mentioned.

Don't want to name that "something"?

Anything with ACEA A3/B4 spec on the label.

From what castrol has told me. The U.S. Castrol I was emailing said they cannot speak of castrol products sold outside of the U.S. Which is the gold bottle featuring fst pictured above. They did however say the edge extended performance has higher titanium then the regular black edge bottle.

I'd run Edge 5W50 for your track days if you're an Edge fan. But,I wonder if the "Classic Car" formula 5W50 was a better oil than the "Titanium" formula? Wonder if the zddp level got lowered since they no longer market it towards "classic cars"?

Originally Posted By: Gearhead1194
They did however say the edge extended performance has higher titanium then the regular black edge bottle.

Congratulations! You have just obtained more information from Castrol regarding their oil than they have ever given anyone on the planet. Nice work.
laugh.gif

I like Castrol oil but they sure play games with information.

Congratulations on being [censored]. I was simply stating a fact that wasn't stated in this thread yet. Sorry for trying to help. Won't ever happen again

Last edited by a moderator:
I think KCJEEP was joking. I wouldn't be talking like that to other members either; that's just asking to go on a long vacation btw

Well it's quite hard to tell when someone is joking or not when your on an electronic device. Doesn't exactly show emotion in anyway or anything. Didn't mean to be an a** about it but it just bothered me that I was stating a fact that I knew and was told that was specified in this thread so I wasn't sure the OP was aware of this or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back