2012 Mazdaspeed3, Rotella T6 5W-40, 5000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody here knows that while fuel dilution is often cited as "bad" there is little to prove it really hurts anything. Both boosted and N/A motors with higher performing tunes are notorious for it as well as many ordinary cars yet it seldom seems to cause much of anything other than BITOG commentary.

I also think Amsoil is a great product, it just costs too much compared to many good products on the market today...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Everybody here knows that while fuel dilution is often cited as "bad" there is little to prove it really hurts anything. Both boosted and N/A motors with higher performing tunes are notorious for it as well as many ordinary cars yet it seldom seems to cause much of anything other than BITOG commentary.

I also think Amsoil is a great product, it just costs too much compared to many good products on the market today...

Which is exactly my point. Paying more money for a product that has actual certified equivalents that cost less makes absolutely no sense.
I used Amsoil exclusively for close to a decade. Ran 10k drains. Today I run on sale syns for the same interval and my engines are just as clean,last forever and I'm left with more money in my wallet.
Amsoil is a good company with great products however they just don't have the edge they once did.
The industry has caught up.

No...no, no. You guys have it all wrong and are overthinking this. For example, just for starters a 'better' oil would OBVIOUSLY be the Rotella T6 0w-40.

36.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

What I love are the guys that think oil actually affects the dilution issue; "I tried oil XYZ, but after just 1k miles it already smelled like gasoline."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back