New Gumout Expert series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Autozone and saw Gumout Expert series fuel treatments. Are they any good? What about new STP 5 in 1? How do they compare to Redline Sl-1? Which fuel system cleaner is the most effective? Is Gumout Expert series better than standard Gumout?

Nobody can figure out the gajillion different versions of gumout.
Just like there are a gajillion toothpastes.
It's just shotgun marketing to try to capture more parts of the market where for the most part the product is the same thing.

I got sick of it, so just said f it, i'll just stick with redline, who only has 1 product that they believe in, and is the best.

If Gumout has a "best" expert product, why do they need to release all the other "worse" versions?

It's like when a salesman trys to sell you that this comes with the best warranty. Turn their selling point into the pessimistic and say if you are pushing the warranty, does that mean the item breaks all the time?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
It's just shotgun marketing to try to capture more parts of the market where for the most part the product is the same thing.

I got sick of it, so just said f it, i'll just stick with redline, who only has 1 product that they believe in, and is the best.

If Gumout has a "best" expert product, why do they need to release all the other "worse" versions?

It's like when a salesman trys to sell you that this comes with the best warranty. Turn their selling point into the pessimistic and say if you are pushing the warranty, does that mean the item breaks all the time?

Me too. I never tried Gumout because I don't know which is which, until few weeks ago O'Reilly had 1 version on clearance for less than 50% of retail, I bought 1 bottle.

I used Redline before and since around 2000-2005 I used Techron every other year in my cars before smog test.

Gumout is great. It has all the PEA you need and is cheaper than the competition.

Get the All in One as it's usually the best bang for the buck (35 gallons treated), or the non high mileage Regane if you don't want friction modifiers.

Even better, use top tier fuel consistently and reduce gumout / techron / whatever usage significantly.

I've heard chevron techronw is the only fuel additive that's acknowledge by any oem. I just fill up at chevron or Texaco when I can.I don't bother to buy fuel additives that way.I believe the main ingredient in most is just diesel??

Originally Posted By: Benito
Gumout is great. It has all the PEA you need and is cheaper than the competition.

Get the All in One as it's usually the best bang for the buck (35 gallons treated), or the non high mileage Regane if you don't want friction modifiers.

Even better, use top tier fuel consistently and reduce gumout / techron / whatever usage significantly.
Why would I want friction modifiers?

Originally Posted By: Avery4
Why would I want friction modifiers? [/quote]

You seriously want your engines friction unmodified?!

Originally Posted By: raytseng

This was answered in the Q&A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back