24 Hours of Le Mans - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the pinnacle of all motorsport, every June cars, drivers, and fans descend on Le Mans France for the 24 hour endurance classic. But don’t let the name fool you, over the years the 24 hours has turned from endurance to a sprint race of sorts with the best manufacturers bringing their best engineering and their best drivers to fight for ultimate bragging rights.

US TV COVERAGE:
Saturday, June 13th
8:30am-11:45am -FS2
7:00pm-8:00pm -FS1
11:00pm-12:20am -FS2
Sunday, June 14th
3:30am-7:30am -FS1
7:30am-9:00am -FS2
9:00am-9:30am -FS1

CIRCUIT DETAILS:
Length: 8.469 miles
Turns: 38
Average race speed: 140mph
Lap record: 3:19.074s, Loïc Duval, Peugeot 908 HDi FAP , 2010, LMP1
Laps completed (2014): 379
Total distance (2014): 3209

2014 WINNERS:
LMP1-H: Audi Sport Team Joest, Audi R18 e-tron quattro
LMP1-L: Rebellion Racing, Rebellion R-One
LMP2: Jota Sport, Zytek Z11SN
LMGTE Pro: AF Corsa, Ferrari 458 Italia GT2
LMGTE Am: Aston Martin Racing, Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE

For more check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

circuit-de-la-sarthe_168127.gif

I'll be watching, and the WEC site has greatly improved the streaming options this year, particularly in North America with SpeedTV no longer being an albatross around their neck.

As usual, the night driving at those terrifying speeds is bad enough but the speed difference between the fast cars and the slow cars with bad visibility has got to be a thrill, too.

That sucks to see the start of the race on FS2. I don't have it.

Magnusson crashed the #63 Vette in qualifying, and damaged it enough they have withdrawn.

I'm streaming the Audi Motorsport Live Blog in car coverage from my iPad to Apple TV. Audio is a combination of in car and Le Mans Radio.
cool.gif
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
No FS2 on Comcast here. Dumb programming strategy by Fox.

Network TV is killing itself slowly but surely. I have my premium WEC subscription that gives me twenty-two channels of the race, including the main feed (English and French), the behind the scenes feed (English and French), and onboard views. Nissan, Porsche, and Audi have free feeds. Chevy did in the past, not sure about this year. Dailymotion has the behind the scenes feed live, with highlight videos posted regularly. They are the FIA-WEC partner, so won't be giving the race for free, though.

Essentially, network television has rendered itself useless for this race, and pretty much racing in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back